BlackBerry's new Creative Director is...

I’m confident that people/the consumer is smarter than to fall for these kinds of stunts.

Post #20

Hah, missed that one, cynical but amusing!

But this must generate little more than a few extra seconds in the spotlight. Does it really generate more credibility to portray some not even close to the industry to be a “part of the team”. Would like to know if it the idea came from the boardroom or the marketing dept.

Nice loogey in the faces of the staff at design department.

How many iPhones can you spot?

I suppose she was doing market research .

scrotum: isn’t that a BB10 closest to her though?

Re: BlackBerry’s new Creative Director is…

…not following Grammy Dress-Code! :open_mouth:

Don’t forget Beats also went out and bought Dr. Dre (and Bob Brunner). :wink:

I still say that having a spokesperson, or design lead is very different than claiming this person as the global design director.

Congratulation MAM for a new creative director.My vote is specially for the new comer director lady.Mam can you tell me the new step raised when you take the charged on her duty?if you take then i solute on you that you are hard working personality.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-12/blackberry-forms-board-committee-to-explore-options.html

Damn…Alicia didn’t turn things around.

http://www.lightlybraisedturnip.com/alicia-keys-to-buy-blackberry/2013/10/1/new-bid-for-embattled-blackberry-led-by-its-creative-directo.html

:laughing:

“I saw a lot of poor decisions being made with regard to design and the overall image of the brand,” she said.

True.

A source close to Keys said that she believes that phones with more dramatic color schemes – such as zebra prints and luminescent orange – will appeal to the youth market.

Oi vey.

You do realize that’s a parody news site. :wink:

I did not. It all seemed realistic to me hehe.

Bummer, and we all had such high hopes . . . :frowning:

“Singer Alicia Keys to leave BlackBerry after year-long collaboration”

I blame this all on the undergraduate schools in the world. They need to make their marketing degrees harder to attain. At the very least, make the requirement to form a complete sentence mandatory.

3D Systems Appoints will.i.am as Its Chief Creative Officer

Hooray! Everything about the following is great!

“The addition of will.i.am to the 3DS team brings tremendous talent, vision and influence, and underscores the company’s commitment to democratize 3D printing. 3DS plans to leverage will.i.am’s international creative industry network to immediately extend its reach into select high-end fashion accessories houses, leading entertainment and life style brands and key corporate sponsored educational and sustainability initiatives.”

“We’re excited to partner with a pop culture influencer of will.i.am’s caliber who really gets 3D printing and its potential,” said Avi Reichental, President and CEO of 3DS. “will.i.am is a global tastemaker who embodies the essence of creativity and entrepreneurship, and we are fortunate to have him as our guide on this exciting journey.”

Makes sense since he built his resume at Intel:

I can understand 3DS wanting to hitch their wagon to “…a pop culture influencer…” and to “…leverage will.i.am’s international creative industry network…” but do these things actually work?

On one hand, Mr i.am says he’s put his money where his mouth is:
Will.i.am’s 13 lessons on how to be creative in business

but this is the result:
Will.i.am unveils horribly overpriced punctuation-laden iPhone camera accessories

uuummm…More power to him, but to me this whole setup continues the myth that any sort of creative process is about the sole genius with an ‘idea’ and not the hard work and process and the many people involved. He can swan into a meeting and spout a few buzzwords and name drop and somehow that is designing a product that ends up on the store shelves.

I want to say he comes across as a hyperactive over-privileged teenager, who thinks his opinion matters, and someone needs to have a quiet word to him to pull his head in - sort of a cross between Verruca Salt, David Brent and Mugato, but that would be very unfair of me, so I wont.