BlackBerry's new Creative Director is...

Charlie Brooker’s view on Alicia Keys and Blackberry, and Will.I.Am and whatever it is that he has:

(link will take you to the start of the segment at 13m30s

the youtube bit below is the whole show, which I recommend anyway):

Charlie’s scathing reviews on the madness of modern life usually raise a smile. His black mirror fiction series isn’t bad either.(new series starting tonight in the uk btw).

I have to use Bill’s keen pitch technique in my next product development meeting. “Boss, it’s smaller.”

This just in…Justin Timberlake is the new Creative Director for Bud Light Platinum.

Seriously.

I think this is a case of “Those Words Don’t Mean What You Think They Mean”. Marketing people or CEOs somehow don’t know what a Creative Director really is or think general public don’t.

R

What was wrong with just having the personality drink/use the product in your ad?

Still not on board here:

I’m confident that people/the consumer is smarter than to fall for these kinds of stunts.

Post #20

Hah, missed that one, cynical but amusing!

But this must generate little more than a few extra seconds in the spotlight. Does it really generate more credibility to portray some not even close to the industry to be a “part of the team”. Would like to know if it the idea came from the boardroom or the marketing dept.

Nice loogey in the faces of the staff at design department.

How many iPhones can you spot?

I suppose she was doing market research .

scrotum: isn’t that a BB10 closest to her though?

Re: BlackBerry’s new Creative Director is…

…not following Grammy Dress-Code! :open_mouth:

Don’t forget Beats also went out and bought Dr. Dre (and Bob Brunner). :wink:

I still say that having a spokesperson, or design lead is very different than claiming this person as the global design director.

Congratulation MAM for a new creative director.My vote is specially for the new comer director lady.Mam can you tell me the new step raised when you take the charged on her duty?if you take then i solute on you that you are hard working personality.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-12/blackberry-forms-board-committee-to-explore-options.html

Damn…Alicia didn’t turn things around.

http://www.lightlybraisedturnip.com/alicia-keys-to-buy-blackberry/2013/10/1/new-bid-for-embattled-blackberry-led-by-its-creative-directo.html

:laughing:

“I saw a lot of poor decisions being made with regard to design and the overall image of the brand,” she said.

True.

A source close to Keys said that she believes that phones with more dramatic color schemes – such as zebra prints and luminescent orange – will appeal to the youth market.

Oi vey.

You do realize that’s a parody news site. :wink: