Design Entrepreneurship Thesis : In Progress

I don’t really get it. As a thesis you are just going to make something and sell it online while documenting it? Sounds like a craft project, and maybe fun, but nothing larger.

How does selling a few things online translate to a larger, profitable business or a model or process to follow? Given each project and person is different how can you hope to make some sort of process that can be followed that works?

Have you analyzed your data correctly? If so many people you interviewed are doing this with little professional experience, is it because that is the best time, or that is the only people you could find, or they have nothing better to do? How many of those projects are profitable? Have lasted more than 5 years? If so many people think location is important, how does that impact starting a business relying on the internet?

I know you are a clever guy and I’m sure you can make something and sell it online in the same way other have, but I don’t really see this as a thesis or demonstration of a larger issue, solution, problem or business model.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how this is different than anyone else selling some small thing (leather wallet, bike part, hipster iphone accessory, etc.) online currently.

R