Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

Just flipping back through this thread, I was at that show! Lots of sweet stuff.

parked just down the street from me.
photo copy.JPG

'67
Friday afternoon @ the local brewery.

Highlights of yesterday:

1 - Balloon White Aventador
2 - Underground Racing Twin Turbo Aventador

3 - Spyder Performante Gallardo

4 - Ferrari FF

5 - Underground Racing Twin Turbo Ferrari 458

Aventadors and the Charlotte Skyline

wow!

I see your Aventadors and raise you a combine!

A fixture of the Midwest these months, as farmers cash in their crops for new equipment. I’ve always had a soft spot for combines.

This yellow Viper was hard to miss.

love the old non-US Fords ( at least I think this wasn’t in the US…)

They weren’t “Fords” over here… they were Mercurys. First Gen (1970-1977) were actually pretty nice. My wife’s mother had a 2.6L V-6 version.

After '78 they started to get too heavy, and when the 5.0L was introduced they essentially turned to mush.

1991 and on… m’eh. I’d rather have had the Miata it was based on.

Sorry Lew it wasn’t even based on the Miata. That would have been sensible. No it was based on the 323 and had transverse fwd.
Do you know japanese for “WTF?”?

mo-i

性交何 ???

I’s still rather have the Miata.

BTW, the incomplete Cortina MkI project on eBay went for $10K

Lew, your mother in law had an awesome car!

Thanks for sharing… I didn’t realize they were around in the US

Ford Capri?

“The Capri was the product of an Australian car industry labouring under the shadow of industry minister John Button’s car plan that aimed to reduce the number of local car-makers by at least one. It spawned some truly awful badge-engineered products as manufacturers jumped into bed with each other to share models and boost production runs.

The car plan could also mean exporting cars as a way of surviving, and into that mindset was born the Capri convertible.

The plot was to sell the cars locally and through Mercury (a division of Ford) dealerships in the US, where convertibles have usually done well. But because of the car’s problems and some marketing issues in the US, the Capri was a lame duck.

The Capri was beset by quality control gremlins that immediately took the shine off the thing. The biggest problem centred on the manually operated convertible roof, which leaked like a Buckingham Palace butler. Ford replaced leaking lids under warranty but the replacements seemed no better and more than one Capri was hiding under its fourth or fifth top by the time the original owner screamed “enough!” and traded the thing in.”

Interiors were also a bit fly-apart, with poor plastics and dashboard graphics that were aimed at US buyers but looked ordinary here. Bumpers warped and cracked (or fell off) and Ford’s paint technology of the time meant that many Capris faded prematurely, particularly reds and darker colours.

Every one I’ve ever seen is in terrible nick.

Spotted this guy right around the corner from our house.

There’s just something about the Fisker that I don’t like. I much prefer the Model S Tesla.

Apparently my neighbor around the corner bought the Fisker as it has been parked there everyday. I disagree with the comparison with the Tesla. They are in different classes. The Tesla is a very well sculpted sedan, the way a CLS, A7, or even a Sonata is nicely sculpted. The Fisker however is something very different proportionally. It is more squarely in the Aston Martin Rapide realm. On the street it looks like a 4 door supercar. The wheels are a bit comically large, and there is a notch too much detailing in my opinion, but it is far more special a car. It will be a classic.

Totally different concepts, but there is some kind of Cheetah-esque vibe going on with the Karma.

I agree that they are different, I guess I was just giving preference to one electric super car over another. I used to see a Karma every day on my commute home, and while it certainly caught my eye ever time, I think the front end just seems off to me. Side view, rear view, looks great. But the front of it just kills me every time.

Must be some sort of pre-production spy camera cloaking on this one… I thought GM ditched Pontiac?