Student Portfolio Critique!

Hey Sparker, thanks for posting on the boards!

I think your wave converter could be a much stronger project if you included an exploded view. At the moment I understand what the product would do but I don’t really get how it does it. You have an explanation page but you only go into the basic decisions of the form. An exploded view would make the concept much more understandable and “graspable” if that is the right word.

I also agree with the comments above that you should really get rid of the rendering page and continue to vary up the size on your sketch pages. On one page you have a blue line to show the directions the viewer should look, but this is possible to achieve just with composition and size variety.

Finally looking at your cover page I thought that your portfolio would have a very strong underlying grid, which would be the theme to tie the projects together. In the portfolio it doesn’t come across this way (sometimes you center things, sometimes you don’t) and it doesn’t look the colors have any real basis either. This probably wasn’t the goal of the cover, so I am just letting you know my initial impressions.

Okay, these are all mostly little things but I hope they were helpful. Good luck on portfolio work!