Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

Been a while… here are a few quick sketches. All comments welcome.
coroflot1.jpg

coroflot6.jpg

Thanks ADD…Nice work on your portfolio link site…

First time trying to render a shoe, this is a work in progress, design is nothing crazy new mostly focusing on the form reading and practicing working between illustrator and PS.

Update: This is close to the finale as this is due tomorrow for class I will keep tweaking it a bit, I really need to loosen up my renderings I will probably do some speed paintings of shoes and see what comes from that. Any feedback is much appreciated

Another one of my quick modo styling studies.

@Padilla Great sketch over there! Liking the orthographic sketch of the pull tab to the left. Very inspiring I must add.

Thanks Viper and Alex. Nice sketch page Viper, diggin’ the simple clean designs you’ve got there.
Mid-week skate shoe sketch…

Warm up speed paint sketch
wARMUP.jpg

ScoRo5 - Your sketches are very unique however from a styling point of view there are so many panels [i’m assuming they’re components] shapes, colour flashes all fighting for position, and i’m not sure if this is working. Generally with conventional footwear styling there are certain ways components are shaped too accentuate the curvaceaous lines on the vamp or to mirror the eyelet/facing panels. I think if you were to start and consider more conventional footwear patterns as a basis, and then work in your own styling elements then you may see more progression. The textures are also a bit puzzling as they’re making the shoe look more like paper mache.

good luck

Wassup fellow sneakerheads! First time posting so any advice would be much obliged!

Just another marker render that holds similar qualities

Hey Jason,

I did a quick liquefaction of your sketch to show how proportions can effect the design.

Michael

Hey Mike,

Really appreciate your feedback. I can already see the difference in proportions. I was wondering how you felt about the saturation of color?

Just a quick layout of my sketches from the past 2 weeks… Gonna continue to contribute to sketch-fu.

Wassup Padilla,

Really nice sketches man. Is that sketchbook pro your usin? I am a junior Industrial Designer at Virginia Tech so I’ve heard a little about you and your bro from Akshay and Dino.

Thanks Jason, good to hear from you. Yeah, I’m using Sketchbook Pro on my iPad. You have a good start on your sketches, continue working on those proportions, that helps a lot. My Sunday sketch…

phil, lovin the skate shoes!

here’s something I did today for fun.

Thanks Alex. Take that sketch and develop it further, I think it has some nice aspects to it.
Here’s an iPad sketch I did on my flight from Portland to Boston today, good way to pass the time… Skate shoe with leather toe box and quarter panel overlay for reinforcement.

That is pretty hot!

I’ve recently got into Triathlon’s so thought I’d try to do something quickly on the Ipad focusing on this sport.

Very good design, I like the sketch, with a few strokes and fast. Excelent!!!