2014 Corvette

Bingo. It’s like they tried to Bengalize it to cover up the fact that the design hasn’t really changed since 1983. Which is fine, but take a page out of the 911 book guys! It’s not that hard! Well, OK it is, but still. What happened to the GM of the late 80’s? I’ve really been looking at those things the past couple years. While I’d never drive one, they actually had really nice, clean, understated lines… sortof like the one pictured above.

It seemed like since '53 or whenever it was, the Corvette redesign was able to somehow redefine the American Muscle Car and capture the American automotive zeitgeist. I think that the Viper really did that in, when did the show car hit '89? The 'Vette team should have taken a big dump in their pants when they saw that and had something truly competitive (design wise anyway) in '93. Hell, even Mustang had something ready by '93. And actually, they may have, I do recall a few cutting edge Corvette concepts back in the day, maybe '96 or so? Even the early show cars seemed promising, but possibly watered down by GM’s world famous craptastic management. Who knows. It just seemed like it was time for a truly new Corvette. This one is certainly not it.