Interchangeable Footwear

“I would check patents out before you get on with the design of this - there are 3 companies that I know of (incl. Nat-2) selling patented zippered type footwear at the moment and AFAIK all hold patents.”

Thanks for all your replies.

I didn’t mention earlier that my client has a patent granted on their idea. The only thing i’m still working on regarding this is the style/ material of the zipper. The patent includes the upper being allowed to zip off the outsole as i described earlier, however their uniqueness is that the toe cap/vamp does not and still looks like a conventional shoe which is nice as it retains that classic look from all angles. I think the toe is vital for customers to make the decision on whether the product looks nice. My idea has always been as one of the posters has stated, that the shoe should have the interchangeability however not compromise too much on looks. Some very interested buyers have said to us “why don’t you make the zip a strong feature” but in my eyes it’s more of a reason not to buy the product for a lot of people.

Some very interesting posts which i’m very appreciative of.

Thank you

will keep you updated