IDSA's new Prez

Okay, so hears my 2cents and insight…

We keep cycling through leaders - but i always hear rumors that the board of directors are very controlling so is IDSA missing on who they need to change and who is getting it wrong?

It makes sense to have some one in charge who is trained in running an non-profit organization which is different then running a design office or a studio or being a vp of a company (I don’t care what name is behind it), and my question is why did it take IDSA so long to figure that out.
I equate it to the time IDSA hired a Design firm to do a study on what IDSA members want… what did they do but go out and hire a high price design firm that cost 60-80 thousand and who in turn interviewed 12 people, 8 of them being in one region. Why I can only guess, because Designers can do it all type approach vs hiring a firm that specializes in this type of study (which is not a ID firm no matter what the website says they can do)…

I once challenged IDSA to answer my question - “what does IDSA do for me” i was told that that was the wrong question and i should be asking “What can i do for IDSA” - i took that to heart and dove in head first and spent 4 years doing a variety of things only to see things continue to digress. And if at anytime I challenged the IDSA way of doing things i got my hand slapped. So here we are no back to a new person in charge and i will watch to see how things progress as a non-member, due to the fact that i can not find value in IDSA at it’s current rate… (this may be different if I was in Chicago where IDSA is extremely active) or if they were doing value added webinars. Something i did when i was in charge of the chapter 8 in 2 years with attendance always well above 200 people across the nation - And IDSA asked me how i was so successful and i spent several hours talking with them about that and yet they have not picked up the ball and ran with it even though i provided them a great foundation to build upon.

Lets be honest if IDSA one a month provide at the national level a webinar that provided continuing education on various topics (iab had a few that would be good, and yes even skills and techniques) that alone would add value.

Okay i am done with my rant… I will now wait for someone from IDSA to email me and ask why i posted this instead of coming to them directly to talk about my concerns…