Adidas Next Step

A conceptual design is exactly what your renderings are, they are merely thoughts in your head and even you admit that you don’t know that they work because you don’t have any footwear experience. The foamposite was a concept at one point and i guarantee it evolved from a very “out there” conceptual sketch through refinement to the final shoe in production. Your shoes are drawings [albeit they’re decent renderings] but there is no thought as to construction etc. No stitch lines, understanding how the components will assemble etc.

Your development process is virtually non existent as you go from sketch to “marketing” in one swoop which is why some people on here have advised to refine ideas early on instead of going with your first thought which is what the “flesh” shoe is. It’s clearly a crazy idea you had and you probably thought to go straight to render on it, when in actual fact this shoe is incredibly difficult to produce and would actually prevent an athlete to perform. Without knowing production techniques you are hindering yourself from developing and finalising good innovative design.

some of my favourite quotes from Dieter Rams below and perhaps something you should take from this thread

Good design makes a product useful.

Good design is thorough down to the last detail

And finally my favourite quote is “Good design is as little design as possible” which is one which is difficult to apply in fashion/footwear depending on who you work for.

Good luck

Hey, it never hurts to experienced people, like you, come to the forums to share. I wish I knew your name, and to know samples of your work, and find inspiration, based on the hard work in the world of manufacturing.

I understand how overwhelming it is, deal with reality, to be responsible for many things, want to make a more durable product, with more quality. Manufacturer classical thought, begins with the fear of the new. That’s understandable, I have manufactured things that have nothing to do with shoes. And I know perfectly that such problems arise by something that is not feasible to manufacture. All this is understandable.

Someone said:

“They say it’s impossible, then let’s do it”

You have recognized that the design foamposite, born of something conceptual.

I’m confused, you say that the design is conceptual, to understand that it is not feasible to manufacture. But we have the example of foamposite, is a physical design, was built many years ago.

So I think, you’re referring to the conceptual, trying to assess whether the design can have a massive consumer. Is that it?

If so, it’s good to question that aspect. I make designs based on what I consider inspiring. It is acceptable if the design you like, or do not like. But I’m sure, in the barracks of the big shoe companies, right now, there are designers working on radical ideas about conceptualization and materials. That does not mean that all ideas are going out to made ​​in the workshops. That is an ongoing search for new things. If that were not so, no one would have made ​transparent shoes.

It’s okay to say “I do not like”. But that does not mean that things do not have value. You can say “that’s not right”, and you can also enrich your criticism suggesting things, more camaraderie, and everything will be okay in this forum.

What you think about that?

I’d like to ask a few things rather open questions for the forum, please do not go.

Nordmade:

If you want, you can also help me with the following:

I adapted the aesthetic lines of the design “In the Flesh” above the foamposite shoe shape. I have curiosity about the technical problems of this design.

Using my little knowledge of stitching, materials, soles and midsoles. I see that it is difficult for the continuity of the lines of the upper to match the lines of the sole.

My question is:

What technical problems prevent the shoe foamposite to adopt design lines “In the Flesh”?

It is also an open question to the forum.

I hope you can help me.

After a brief search of organic forms in the adizero line, it’s time to explore within the same line, fidelity to the concept, keep the style “tech” but looking for an edge, make it even more interesting, the challenge:

More “Tech”
Add subtle touch of organic forms.
Make themed shoes.
Incorporate performance advantages.

Experimenting

Nice to see you experimenting with construction.
I hope you don’t mind but I took a few minutes to play with the proportions on your latest rendering. It is not perfect, but you can see the idea

Crewkid:
Thanks for contributing to the experiment. You know something, I’m confused about what you tell me, I do not doubt your knowledge about it. But I have drawn in the shape of the adizero line.
The shape of the shoes Adizero is different from most shoes.

confusion:

Should designers work with shapes (shoe lasts) strictly?
Or can also submit proposals for designs in the form of a certain style?

I think of the designs in the final form, for example in the shape of the shoe I want in the window of the store. In this case, based on adizero line.

How can you achieve that distinctive shape (at the factory)?
They make the shoe lasts (Especially for that style?)
How do you communicate (visually), a style like adizero, for manufacturing?
In this case, the design idea of ​​"tactical" is to create a shoe that looks like a insdustrial boot (synthetic cap for finger protection). How can we make a shape like that (in the factory and in a screen)?
How can give personality to a shoe? With different shapes of molds for shoes?
Tell me what you think, looks weird this style of this shoe?

Should designers work with shapes (shoe lasts) strictly?
If you have a last shape this is ideal, but not necessary for just sketch work. As you move into a more finished design/rendering it can help a lot. If you are using a last, besure to allow for material thickness.
Or can also submit proposals for designs in the form of a certain style?
You can use a certain style if you like. It is good that you started with an existing shoe shape, but you will want to stylize your drawings a bit to make them visually more appealing. A lot of designers will tilt the heel forward and make the toe sleeker. Even the adizero sketch does this

Im not a huge fan of the adizero proportions, but here is your rendering adjusted to the sketch proportions…

Thanks Crewkid. This is the style of the designer who made the shoes adizero. Everyone draws their own way. I like the shoes adizero, because these are rare, these are not beautiful, but different, a different beauty. I will do an analysis of that.

I was thinking of an original way to present the views of the design. It’s fun with a cube template.

Although this shoe is inspired to:
military
marine
cops
Fire Department
And people who want to reflect their job in their sports activities, the threshold of the buyer can be extended by using contrasting colors, and white.

Victor, what program do you use for your rendering?

thanks

Hey Nordmade

Intuitive user of Corel Draw and Photoshop
Greetings.

The next exercise will be random, any inspiration, but inside the adizero line (Tech). Although I have already prepared a concept, perhaps, if the final result can be adapted to advertising, then do it in that way. I´ll do my best effort of time-quality-passion.

Thinking about the controversial patent of the red soles of Louboutin , think I can explore luxurious designs, shiny materials, patent leather, silk fabric on the upper, red sole. Designed for women, of course, within the adizero style.

Something inspired by the leaf springs of cars.
A beautiful piece of machinery adapted to the sole of a shoe.

No ideas for advertising.