Newly released work (footwear and softgoods)

They’re some really ugly shoes.

The vulcanised rubber piece that scoops up above the little coloured hit on the lateral side, looks like it would peel off so easily after some had wear. No padding either. Doesn’t seem like a well thought through idea.

Never put stock in “visual wear testers”. All I can say is that the people who actually wear them and physically wear tested them disagree with you on all counts.

Nordmade, since you are a newb, let me explain, this is a discussion topic to share work. If you are a professional footwear designer, then by all means share your work, experience, and your identity. That is how we take people seriously in this corner of the internet. It is a little different then most places. If you are just looking to pick a fight or be a jerk, then move along.

My wife likes them.

Sorry for the criticism Yo but i saw your development samples in the flesh on my last China trip. You are developing these with the same factory i work with and a lot of well known brands produce in like Heyday, and others.

Just my opinion and i am of course a professional designer, but surely this is also a discussion topic where you can can comment, criticise or advise on peoples work. I think its a tad boring when people simply droll over peoples cads or sample photos all the time. I’ve been in the business long enough to exercise my very objective views on product and this was simply my opinion.

No need to call anyone a jerk mate

Your first comment was in the entire thread is “those are some really ugly shoes” … Don’t act like a jerk, you won’t be labeled as one.

Post some work, would love to see it.

Yo, It’s really cool the industrial concept adapted into a casual shoe. I love the entrepreneurial spirit, and is a great achievement.

I want to do something similar in a basketball shoe. Adapting a shoe protection cap, just as industrial safety shoes. But, obviously, use a cap on the tip of the shoe, made ​​of a flexible material and comfortable, but consistent enough to give the appearance of a hard cap, and that will give the form of a safety shoe industry to a sneaker. Also use this cap to use as an element fused to the sole, and use this to use as an intermediary to apply an adjustment with the laces in the shoe. But all this must be applied in a shoe made ​​of certain materials (Adizero basketball).

I thought that it would be very cool adapt the cap below the upper, and that there is visually suggesting that this element is located below the same.

The fit of the shoe using the sole and support has made ​​before, now the problem is to adapt the concept to a shoe made ​​of certain materials.

We can manufacture a shoe like this?
Are there alternative materials outside the adizero line to manufacture a shoe like this?

The adizero uppers of the shoes have a synthetic film bonded to a synthetic mesh.

It is also an open question to the forum. If you want to answer these questions, we also can do it in my thread adizero, okay.

Thank you

Something like this

Like this

Render and close-up shot for one of my first New Balance designs to hit market. The New Balance 540v2.

nice, thanks for reviving the thread Matt!

finally able to talk about the mid top… just this rendering is public so far, should have some sample pics to show next week.

Lookin’ good Michael. I like the shape of the foxing piece and how it flows into the collar. You got me missing your converse days with this one :wink:

Figured I’d throw up another one from my time at New Balance, the 551v2.

Some products released for ISPO where we did get awards in the performance category. (no gold award though)

running products for aw14
Wind jersey with gloves and my favourite product which are a pair of softshell rain shorts.

c77ee8be85 copy.jpg

bngi nice. Do you work at craft? Is their PD in Gothenburg or Borås?
Congrats on the awards.

Thanks! Yes thats my current job, but I’m going to a new place at the beginning of march.
The office is in Borås, but I live in Gothenburg, so theres a lot of commuting.

Nice Bjorn! Sketches look great.

mids launching July 1.

hey all,
haven’t been around the forum much lately… too busy. glad to see this thread still kicking, so i’ll add some shameless self promotion as well.
these shoes were based on an outsole/last that was developed for trail running, but i designed these womens uppers to blur the line between performance and casual… fitting in with the womens FitnessxFashion style movement.
Soar.jpg
shine.jpg
rave.jpg
I believe all 4 shoes are available in 4 colors. i believe we sampled like 8 different color combos on this group, was a fun group to work with color.

Ifmemory serves me correct this was the original “sketch render” for the collection, the other 3 shoes were based off the language that was in this original design.

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll be seeing these on shelves soon. Four full lines of work gloves for Ironclad. One of my last projects with Vapor Studio. Handled creative direction, concepting, and design management. Our studio also did the branding and web.

http://ironcladexo.com/