Please critique my resume?

Thanks for the feedback Patrick. I think part of the advice I could use is if any of the information I’ve included isn’t relevant. It’s hard to know what I’m going to be judged on. Clearly designers will judge me on portfolio, but I’ve had and heard all too many stories of HR not understanding items on the resume, or rejecting resumes without certain key words. (In the former, a friend had an HR person tell him that she thought “grassroots” in his political work meant that he publicized bluegrass music. In the latter, the university I work at electronically scans all resumes for strings like “microsoft word” and if it’s not in the document, you are rejected.)

Now is the time to bring some life to it through design. You are applying for design positions, but your resume doesn’t look like it. I’m not saying your resume needs to be crazy, but it could be elegant, refined and well designed. Or not, depending on your personality and who you want to work for. Currently, it has very little personality. I’m sure with a little work you could find some great examples of resume design. Some of the members of this community have done very well here. I’m not suggesting that you copy them, but you most definitely should learn from them.

I’ve been told that graphics other than text have no place in a resume. I’ll have to look for some more examples here.

Thanks again for the feedback!