Patrick Healy - Portfolio Questions

I want more background on you… What’s the saddest thing that has ever happened to you during design school? :wink: J/K, good to see you on the boards and congrats on the Masters & the Kickstarter Campaign.

Your content and layout is really nicely done, but I agree that some of it tends to get wordy. Look through your text and ask yourself if there isn’t anything you could cull down to be super succinct. For example when I get to the “dash shoe system” page - the first paragraph really just tells me “footwear is really important”, so a lot of that text can be clipped out without harming your presentation. Assume for the most part we’re all basically illiterate and get what you can through pictures. I think the second image on your “New paridigm” page does the best visual representation of telling a user what Parkour is without any of the additional text. “Crazy people jumping off buildings…lets sell them stuff!”

You can also do 2 presentations based on your audience. Assume one is your grandma presentation where the audience knows nothing, and then expect the second to be more targeted to someone who has an understanding and assumption about your type of work - then just kill it on the process to show why you went with the concept you chose. In an interview you’ll have plenty of time, but the key thing an interviewer wants to understand is why did you make the decisions that you did? Why was concept D better than concept A?

Your content (sketches/models/graphics) are really nicely developed, and I think in an interview situation it’s worth throwing more of that in my face, and as early as possible so I want to keep going.