Patrick Healy - Portfolio Questions

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for posting.

Some quick, high level feedback for now, and I’ll try to swing back to get a little more in depth.

Overall, giving the projects a quick scan as if I had them sent to me via email, my overall impression is very positive. I can tell you have strong and diverse skills and I get a good feeling of the depth (maybe too much - more on that later), and breadth of your projects.

Information seems well organized and well presented, with good storytelling overall. Even just skimming (like less than 1 min per project) I get a general feel of the project from start to finish.

They are both too long. Unless someone was super-interested and had half and hour to read through everything or an hour to have you walk through it all in a presentation I think there is too much content and too much text.

Strategy and research are always hard to show in a portfolio. I always believe it’s better to show than tell, so in that case the first 8 or slides on the bag page could probably go maybe keeping one or two of the ones with more pics in. No need for the title pages that have a bunch of words over a pic.

You’ve got good sketch and render and pro to pages, so better to get to those more quickly, before someone gets bored and closes the presentation.

Same goes for the Adi project. A lot or the brand blueprint, what is parkour and pinnacle pages I think aren’t needed as you show those things in the result.

On both projects however, esp. the shoes, I wish I saw more intermediary process. I see one or two sketches then final renders. More problem solving and iteration would be nice. This is only something I noticed on the second or third look, mind you.

R