Please critique my resume?

Charles,

I think what you have is a good start. If you indeed want all of the information you have here, I’m sure you could get it all on one page if you get creative. Who says the entire thing needs to be one column, for example? I personally prefer shorter lines of text. I think they are easier to read.

Now is the time to bring some life to it through design. You are applying for design positions, but your resume doesn’t look like it. I’m not saying your resume needs to be crazy, but it could be elegant, refined and well designed. Or not, depending on your personality and who you want to work for. Currently, it has very little personality. I’m sure with a little work you could find some great examples of resume design. Some of the members of this community have done very well here. I’m not suggesting that you copy them, but you most definitely should learn from them.

Lastly, I think your overview should be refined. It’s very generic right now. What makes you different and better than everyone else out there? Now say that in two or three sentences.

I hope that helps a bit.

Patrick Healy