What music?

I can’t stop listening to P.O.S. We Don’t Even Live Here
So good.

Now that I think about it, I go through phases with music I listen to while working. For a while I was doing really fast metal stuff. The tempo seemed to keep me moving forward. There’s also this french electro-dance group called Yelle that keeps me energized and positive. Lately I’ve been listening to this internet radio stream called “chillout lounge” that is all electronic ambient stuff.

An album that I’ve had in rotation lately is the last smashing pumpkins record, Oceania. I disliked most of the stuff they did after Mellon Collie, but this one is not bad at all.

I usually try to listen to lyric-less tunes while working to keep my thoughts in line but Macklemore’s Thrift Store has been an exception…

Fixed your youtube link for you.

i haven’t decided if i really like Macklemore’s stuff yet or not, i think production is pretty good, just not yet sure if i like his emcee-ing style, feel like some times he nails it and other times he has some really lame lines. i dont take note of much hip hop anymore though, so ill give him credit that he caught my ear a few times.

For a while I was doing really fast metal stuff. The tempo seemed to keep me moving forward.

Absolutely heavy metal, and not an single electric cord used. Mnzozil Brass is an Austrian touring band. If you ever get the chance to go to a performance… take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp86TwKXfVg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyMGYNqqqrI

Ana Vidovic, decidedly not heavy metal. Great studio music, for me anyway.

right now i’m listening to the david essex track rock on’ : - YouTube

like a good portfolio, i’ve great respect for a well produced album - one that has a good mix of hard and soft elements, analog and digital especially when they are combined well together. i mostly like downtempo and techno ambient music

sketching and cad : tosca - no hassle, thievery corporation - mirror conspiracy, cafe del mar 7, cantoma - out of town, zero 7 - simple things, santana - supernatural

workshop gr!nd : queens of the stoneage - (self titled album),queens of the stoneage and r, sublime - (self titled album), the pixies - doolittle, faith no more - the real thing

chillaxin’ rock : nirvana - mtv unplugged in new york, crowded house - temple of low men, radiohead - the bends, r.e.m - out of time, coldplay - a rush of blood to the head

space out/ambient stuff : adam shaikh & tim floyd - drift, william orbit - strange cargo 3, bladerunner soundtrack, omnimotion - dream wide awake, marconi union - distance, kendall station - nebulae and gridlock

techno ambient : sounds from the ground - luminal, portishead - dummy, kid loco - a grand love story, global underground - exposures, global underground - afterhours 1 & 2, tricky - maxinquaye, massive attack - protection

techno ambient compilations : freezone 2, cafe del mar 5, nightmares on wax - latenighttales, mgmt - latenighttales, café mambo ibiza 09, zero 7 - another late night, thievery corporation - d.j. kicks, kruder & dorfmeister - d.j. kicks, erlend oye d.j. kicks, kid loco - another late night,

feel good songs i can’t stop listening to at the moment :

roscoe - midlake

washed out - eyes be closed

Big fan of washed out!

@pojo and yo

If you like Washed Out, check out Tame Impala. Great working music.

I’ve also been listening to a lot of Hot Chip recently.

I have had this Mac DeMarco song in my head for the last few days:

Nice finds GEBS, lot’s of good albums to follow up on.

Couple albums getting heavy rotation on my iTunes:
A$AP Rocky: Long.Live. ASAP
Paul Simon: Graceland
Hi-Tek: Hi-Teknology Vol.2
Toro Y Moi: Anything in Return
The Foreign Exchange: Connected

Bonobo’s new single, “Cirrus”

Toro Y Moi “So Many Details”

Django Django has got ahold of my earlobes in a big way right now

As well as Alt-J

Drum and bass gets me in the zone! Lately though I’ve been listening to a lot of Blackmill (some type of melodic dub step).

How do you embed YouTube videos in posts? Can’t seem to get that tag to work…

Not really a fan of Macklemore and i’m from Seattle…Ryan Lewis makes some dope tracks though.

I listening to mellow one to relax my mind on doing it.

How do you embed YouTube videos in posts?

Go the the Youtube URL…

Take the alpha-numeric code after the " = " (highlighted in red) and paste it between [youtub-]QK8mJJJvaes[/youtub-] - brackets. Disregard everything after the alpha-numerics [ … &feature=player_embedded] I left out the final “e” so it would display correctly

Slow melody music with small sound.

Modern Man’s recent additions:

Boards of Canada: Tomorrow’s Harvest

Brian Eno: Small Craft On a Milk Sea

Devo: Hardcore, Vol. 1 and Vol.2

Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers: L.A.M.F - The Lost '77 Mixes

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: Push the Skay Away

Rodriguez: Cold Fact

Thee Oh Sees: Floating Coffin and Putrifiers II

Modern Man’s long time favorites and desert island stuff:

The Birthday Party: Prayers On Fire

Brian Eno: Here Come The Warm Jets, Talking Tiger Mountian By Strategy, Before and After Science, Another Green World, Music For Airports, On Land and Apollo Atmospheres

Brian Eno & David Byrne: My Life in the Bush or Ghosts

Brian Eno & Jah Wobble: Spinner

Buzzcocks: Another Music in a Different Kitchen, Love Bites, A Different Kind of Tension

The Damned: “Damned, Damned, Damned”, Music for Pleasure, Machine Gun Etiquette

David Bowie: Heroes, Low, Station to Station

Devo: Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!

The Fall: Live At the Witch Trials, Preverted by Language, This Nation’s Saving Grace, I Am Kurious Oranj, Grotesque (After the Gramme)

The Gun Club: Fire of Love, Miami

Iggy Pop: The Idiot

The Jesus and Mary Chain: Psychocandy

Joy Division: Unknown Pleasures

Kraftwerk: Radioaktivität, Autobahn, Computerwelt, Tour de France Soundtracks

Laurie Anderson: Big Science

Low: Things We Lost In the Fire

Minutemen: Double Nickles On the Dime

My Bloody Valentine: Loveless

Pixies: Doolittle, Surfa Rosa

Public Enemy: Apocolypse '91 - The Enemy Strikes Back

Public Image Ltd: Public Image: First Issue, Metal Box

Roxy Music: Roxy Muisc

Spiritualized: Lazer Guided Melodies, Pure Phase

The Stooges/Iggy Pop: The Stooges, Fun House, Raw Power

Suicide: Suicide

Talking Heads: Fear of Music

The Clash: The Clash, Sandinista!

Television: Marquee Moon

The Velvet Underground: The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground, White Light / White Heat, Loaded, VU

Wire: Chairs Missing, Pink Flag

X-Ray Spex: Germ Free Adolescents

Gotten into JJ Grey & Mofro lately. Funky sound. Don’t know how to explain it other tha aewsome!

And Modern Man was remiss to not have included anything by Klaus Schultze and Conrad Schnitzler. What was Modern Man thinking?!?!

Im going to second JJ Grey & Mofro. They have a down and dirty southern sound that is perfect to sit back and enjoy. Ive been jammin to them a lot since the new album came out.