Should IF be Shamed to award a pirating work?

This is a true “forum frenzy”, when will it be “shut’er down time”? Greenman 1 - China nil

No lock coming from me. I haven’t seen a classic Fisking job in EONS…

Where’s my popcorn?

It seems to have 2 issues. Stealing in terms of patent law and stealing in the case of the contest.

For the patent it boils down to your independent claims. For example, if you only claim a single camera and don’t claim more than one camera, the other company effectively broke your patent. And it’s completely legal. But that’s why we have lawyers to write them in the first place. And that’s why we have lawyers to interpret the independent claims. Also, since the other company has yet to commercialize their keyboard, it would be pointless to file a claim as there is no revenue to recover to pay your expensive lawyers. Sure, you could sue them on principle, but I hope you have deep pockets.

As for the contest, it is unreasonable to expect the judges to know of every obscure design that may have preceded what they are judging. They cannot possibly know every design, published or unpublished. Have you written them, hopefully in a non-accusatory manner, about the possible copying? With evidence of copying instead of “I sez so”. If not, what’s the point of complaining to an anonymous interawebz board?

@jamesking -
You’re still pushing this virtual keyboard thing even after 5 years?

Speaking of inspiration - You know what would be a cool design…

A faucet - but instead of a drip it’s a lightbulb!

OMG…this just keeps getting better!

I’d be more worried about that James Anthony ripping off James Kings name.

Have you seen those bicycles with hubless wheels? swwwwweeeeeeettttt!!!

Many. And they issued with real numbers. However the vast majority of work the work that I do is done without patents, because I know I can innovate faster than the majority of my competition and I dislike the patent system and the litigation required to defend it.

I conclude from you ignoring my question, that you did not ever build a prototype. Although I have also done countless renders, I have also designed product that reached the real world. Some of that work was copied by other companies, including exact 1:1 replication. It is the sincerest form of flattery.

+1.

For everyone wanting the old days of the Core boards back: enjoy!

James: I know how you feel too. I pitched ideas numerous times, never got it passed stage one and then saw it on the market 3-5 years later. Unfortunately, that’s life.

Do you have a patent? Post your patent #. Is it in China only? If it is, Europeans and Americans are within their rights to copy your design without punishment. Even more so, because it’s been in the public domain for (at least) five years.

Lastly, did you have an experienced translator go over your entry to IF? I work in a second language. It’s difficult! For really important things, like my C.V., I always have a couple of native speakers go over it before I send it. Maybe that was your problem here. I have to say, after re-reading your posts and your blog links, I still don’t understand exactly what you are complaining about.

P.S. Settle down. No one came here to attack you.

LOL, “dft;s” (don’t feed the troll’s)…good times, good times.

(raises virtual hand) ummm I am available to supply a bit of assault, a little out of practice but the OP here is playing in my metaphorical sand box. :slight_smile:

In America, we have an expression, please observe the following illustration and pay extra attention to the fact that the horse never comes back to life.
te1dd1a_beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Oh…I know this one…don’t tell me…

You’re punching a sleeping llama!

Greenman wrote:
You are correct, both of them suck ergonomically

I am curious why a “suck ergonomically” work was awarded IF ? You mean IF has a bad sense in judgement? I am willing to see how your works are not ergonomics suck! Or maybe your works are all suck so that you think all other kinds of works suck!

NURB -
You’re still pushing this virtual keyboard thing even after 5 years?

why not since someone is liking to copy it and push it on the market even after 5 years! Further more, this is not a virtual keyboard!

nxakt

Many. And they issued with real numbers.

You applied by yourself or agency? it is useless for you to understand patent if you apply through agency.You can know nothing but some basic knowledge from them. I can not believe you are professional on patent but mentioned a obviously amateurish issue. You know why? Every inventor hope to widlely protect his/her invention so that he/she must try to avoid some finite words, such as numbers, materials and colors if it is not necessary. The reason is that, like the keyboard, the patent can be easily pirated if you define one camera when others use two or three cameras. If I define the transparent material with glass, you may use transparent plastic or other kind of transparent materials.Therefore the patent is meanless. So, it is impossible for a professional to focus on one or two cameras. On the other hand , how do u know that there is only one camera in my design? Only through the picture ? It is only a design, not the real solution. In fact, two cameras located at one point towards two dirrections is a possible solution when it is produced.

Are you confident with your experience and judgement?

About prototype, I think it a useless issue though you always ask. Not all the patents need prototype. I never built one for my patents.

Mr-914
“James: I know how you feel too. I pitched ideas numerous times, never got it passed stage one and then saw it on the market 3-5 years later. Unfortunately, that’s life.”

I feel nothing in fact and it is common. Don’t worry. the post is not about stage. Please read the post carefully. You may understand it when you read it thousands of times if it is hard to understand.

About patent, I already said clearly: it is still a copy even if others are not patented.right? Can you declare that it is your design if you copy a Beatles car and just because the design has been in public? Don’t you think it strange?.

P.S. I never said someone is attacking me. And it is normal if someone does.After all it is not acceptable for someone to admit pirating. I can understand you.

Sorry for my frankly speaking, there is no relationship between the patent you posted and my design at all therefore I ask you to learn some patent knowledge, which may hurt you and someones else. They are obviously different technologies even if you know some simple technology( this also sharp words…)

I open a group in http://www.yisheren.net to simply explain some patents issues. Here is the thread:
http://www.yisheren.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=48&extra=page%3D1
You can easily find the author’s works, blogs and videos, not only his/her barren words. It is more interesting here.

I may open a patent class for someones who can not exactly distinguish different ones in the future. Would you like to join ? ? You need pay much in your country to learn that. Of course you need not if you think you have enough patent knowledge. up to you.
cheers!

Please re-read this thread thousands of times if it is hard to understand.

Yes. My experience and judgement is outstanding. But no, I am not a patent attorney. Are you? There is a saying in this country. A man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

But thank you for repeating my point about independent claims. It seems you also think my experience and judgement is outstanding. And you are correct, the broader the independent claim, the more protection you receive from the patent. But that is patent law 101 and completely obvious.

Have you approached the people who run the contest about the alleged copying? Again, why would you come to an anonymous interawebz board to aire your grievances? Festivus was a couple of weeks ago so you are a bit late with that regard.

Yes , this must be the right reason that you think you outstanding.

So why did you always act as a patent professional? why did you disscuss some issues that you are not familar?
I am not attorney,too. But I am sure I am more professional than you and some others here! It is not based on my judgement but on your words and the patents you post.

This also proves strongly how “outstanding” your judgement is! So astonishing outstanding! Did you search any resoult of the 180 degree vision camera? Do you need my help to search it ? Do you still think it different invention because of the number of cameras ?

I would like to claim it on BBC, could you help me with the money? why do you always ask some meaningless questions since you are so “outstanding”? I do not think it difficult to understand it for outstanding peoples.

Your level of arrogance is very high. That you can maintain that arrogance, even to brag about not even building a test model for you idea, and attempt to lecture me on intellectual property, remarkable. I have tired of this conversation.

I’m out.

You are wrong again.

You are wrong again. It is you who are highly arrogant! You can not explain why another keyboard are innovative enough. And always ask me some meaningless questions. Again, is there any relationship between the prototype and pirating works? In our country , prototype is not necessary for patent. Your product has no innovation though you can build a prototype, is it difficult to understand? Do you know what is innovation ?
I also tired of this discussion with someones like you. It is meaningless…But I am still glad to view some your funny posts! say, 180 degree camera… haha…