Newly Released Work (All Product Types)

Coupons, loyalty cards, impulse buys (candy/gum), and cell phones can all be scanned through the customer side.

@cyber, nice!

@Bbarn, is that out in the US? Liking it, and remodeling a house right now…

Very nice details on that lamp BBarn.

thanks guys @yo yes its out but sold out right away, more are on the water. next im going to expand on color options for the rubber.

Bbarn, congrats. That is great.

This is very cool, I’m looking for some cool lightshades with some originality. The industrial metal look is everywhere these days.

One comment, these are very long, is there a plan for a shallower, wider variant?

I’ll be able to post some stuff to this thread after a trade show in Feb.

Not at the moment. Ive recently completed a few larger format pendants. This is the second to be released. You can buy a small standard pendant anywhere. I wanted to create something different. Yes its tall, but its materials balance out its size (imo).

I wasn’t knocking the shape, I think they’re great, but the length means they’re limited to rooms with higher ceilings , non?

no i understand. There’s just so many factors in a space that its difficult to generalize it to needing high ceilings. Some places it will be too big, others too small, and hopefully a few that are just right :slight_smile:

From the quick sell-out of inventory, it sounds like there are many that are just right.

@Bbarn- I love the simplicity of that cork/glass light fixture. If you can incorporate that concept into a different form factor (say a desk lamp or floor lamp, etc), I’d purchase one in a second. I can see that concept lending really well to a product family. At the moment, I simply don’t have a need for overhead lighting like this. Not to say many others don’t though. Great work.

I have a similar set of large Flos pendants over the island in my kitchen…that size is great, they hang low but look really nice (except when I almost break them by hitting them with my head while wiping down the counters).

The cork is a really nice way of tackling that…the Flos have these 3 awkward leveling plastic screws in an otherwise elegant fixtures…

Just took the wraps off this multi-year project. Water thrust powered jetpacks. Uses jetski for generating the water thrust needed to fly.

More pictures and explanation on http://www.x-jetpacks.com

1 Like

Nice rig Shaw. Crazy price though… Are those Ergon bike grips?

Price is less than 15% the price of the current product which sells for 100,000 dollars or euros depending on which continent you buy it.

Yes, designed for standard bike grips, like the Ergon ones the best for flight control.

that’s an awesome project Nxakt, must have been a lot of fun testing protoypes :wink:

Great stuff Bbarn and Cyberdemon

Whoa, awesome Shaw!

Sooooooo cool.

Thanks guys. Has been a great endeavor to bring to life. Jetpacks have both a rich history and what we feel is a great potential to develop as a sport. Has a lot of parallels to past sports I’ve worked on at the beginnings.

And the feeling of flight and the 3D freedom of motion is awesome. :smiley:

100K?? Does that include the actual engine?

It’s hard too see what in this rig commands a 10k pricetag, but if the market can bear it - why not.

Anyway, funny you would post that yesterday as designboom posted Mark Newson’s jetpack. marc newson: body jet pack an autonomous flying device
Yours actually looks more comfortable…

(Ha, he’s actually wearing those shoes discussed in another thread)

No love for my ladder huh :wink: Guess nobody appreciates the tiny everyday problems of PD and production…