Adidas Next Step

A conceptual design is exactly what your renderings are, they are merely thoughts in your head and even you admit that you don’t know that they work because you don’t have any footwear experience. The foamposite was a concept at one point and i guarantee it evolved from a very “out there” conceptual sketch through refinement to the final shoe in production. Your shoes are drawings [albeit they’re decent renderings] but there is no thought as to construction etc. No stitch lines, understanding how the components will assemble etc.

Your development process is virtually non existent as you go from sketch to “marketing” in one swoop which is why some people on here have advised to refine ideas early on instead of going with your first thought which is what the “flesh” shoe is. It’s clearly a crazy idea you had and you probably thought to go straight to render on it, when in actual fact this shoe is incredibly difficult to produce and would actually prevent an athlete to perform. Without knowing production techniques you are hindering yourself from developing and finalising good innovative design.

some of my favourite quotes from Dieter Rams below and perhaps something you should take from this thread

Good design makes a product useful.

Good design is thorough down to the last detail

And finally my favourite quote is “Good design is as little design as possible” which is one which is difficult to apply in fashion/footwear depending on who you work for.

Good luck