Doodling

Nice stuffy Rei. I do the same thing, often without thinking while in long conference calls or meetings. My peers across functions have come to realize I’m listening most when I’m idly doodling :wink:

Nice as always all! Rsuzuki, I also love playing with the basic shapes. You may have seen it already but if not, you might be into Yo Kobayashi’s beautiful form studies (COLLECTION OF FORMS by YO KOBAYASHI at Coroflot.com).

Trying to get into trains!

Yes, Kobayashi’s form exercises are sweet. :slight_smile:
I’ve always been interested in train design. I think it was Mitooka Eiji (check out his work), who said how designing the interiors of train is fascinating as it involves creating an entire enclosed environment—on wheels. They have more in common with architectural interiors than automotive interiors. You have to account for personal space, comfort, bathrooms, luggage space, etc. On top of that, usually trains can afford more room than aircraft interiors.

I love looking at mechanical connections and recently I went to an airfield to look at helicopters and other rotorcrafts. Looking at them up close is adrenaline pumping.

Baaaaahhhh!!! I mean that in a good way. Those kinds of sketches make me drool.

Thanks Jon! I remember briefly talking to you at the IDSA conference (don’t remember if it was Seattle or Boston…), you did a talk on ADHD designers and Calvin and Hobbes—awesome. :slight_smile:

Ahhh, cool…digging in my memory banks…you should send me a PM to refresh my memory on our discussion.

It was Seattle…I haven’t presented at the National Conference…yet :slight_smile:

Thanks! Some of his interiors are wild!

Got inspired by the doodles of rsuzuki :slight_smile: My cylinder didn’t go that well.

Some sketches from a sketching refresher course I took at Art Center.

Some robot doodles inspired by the ones in Learning Curves

Going to do some touch up of this mecha hound from the new Metal Gear game

A spaceship doodle- ballpoint and markers

My fav old shoes.

Hi everyone,

Currently am working as a visiting faculty at International School of Design, Pune until I get my work permit and visa for the Netherlands. Until then I would be dealing with variant courses for the foundation students here.

So been doing quite a lot of lectures on markers and how it could be used as a tool to ideate and not just to render. Sharing few sketches from the big library churned out in the last 2 weeks.

Some doodles from the mornings meeting.

@viperoshanali
Phones with buttons, oh how i miss the old days~
Great looking sketches btw.

@sain
A corgi and a dachshund? Yours?

Corgi is spot on. Other was a suppose to be a fat beagle. Beagle was a friends old dog. I’m on a Corgi kick right now and want to get one in the near future.

@Viperoshanali - Great work! Checked out your websites too, amazing stuff, best of luck in the Netherlands. Also, what kind of camera are you using?

Practicing marker work, took an example from the book ‘Design Sketching: Drawing Techniques for Product Designers’ (Or similar).