1HDC 12.12 - Redesign Santa's Sleigh [Discussion Forum]

Great stuff so far!

Thanks Michael.

That sketch by onehansel is really nice!

Thanks Yo! I did it on my new intuos 5. Still getting the hang of a tablet vs the cintiq I’ve been using.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it to me!

There’s some great entries in the 1HDC - Santa’s Sleigh…but I am thinking that we should extend it through the Holidays. I think there’s going to be some time for doodling over the next week or so.

Consider the 1HDC still open until January 7, 2013!

Nice sketch Matt. I have never tried that silhouette approach to concepting.

I came across this Audi Calamaro Concept (by Tibor)… In direction of this 1HDC. (inspiration)
audi-calamaro-concept-flying-car-img1_eh6xn_5965.jpg

Oh, nice find ADD…VERY cool.

Thanks Jon.

Nice to see a few last minute submissions roll in! Any others?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to you all for your entries. I will do my best to ensure that we have a judgement posted ASAP. I’ll say Friday at the latest, but I suspect I will be able to get to it before that.

I already have the next 1HDC topic in mind and hope to fire it up pretty much right away after this one.

Thanks!

I’m a couple days late from my goal of Friday for the announcement on this one.

I’m glad to see there is still interest in the 1HDC. Hopefully we can build some momentum and get more into the next one. I’ll be announcing the theme and details in the next few days.

As for the Santa’s Sleigh entries…there’s one winner and a couple special mentions. Look for the announcements on the front page soon!

Congrats to this month’s winner from “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”:

BIG COUNTRY - Our first official entry for this 1HDC grabs the prize with some classic rapid viz techniques by allowing the viewer a chance to fully understand the thought process behind his ideas.

And our special mentions:

Mike Serafin - While the judge believes a santa sleigh with tank treads could add to the mystique of how Santa delivers all those toys in one night, it is already hard enough for parents to explain flying reindeer. His quick visual skills, however, deserve some mention!

Choto and Petl - These two got a little carried away with the amount of time on their entry, but both showed a silhouette technique on their concepts that deserves a second look.

Thanks. Truly an honor. Looking forward to more 1HDCs in the future.

I just realized after re-reading my post that I said “his”…when you could be a “her”…I can be forgiven as the name “Big Country” conjours up the ex-Vancouver Grizzley basketball player, Bryant “Big Country” Reeves :slight_smile:

Congrats, and don’t spend your prize all in one place!

Hi,
really honored to know I deserve a second look.
I got really inspired by all of you guys and these challenges are great way to practice.
Keep these challenges going.

CHOTO: Your silhouette technique is really cool. I hope you don’t mind if I tried it.

“His” is correct. I’m not an ex-Vancouver Grizzley player, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, jk. Just an industrial designer from NC.

Congrats…Big Country, Mike serafin, Choto & Petl

Congrats to the winners! I’m eager to join the next one! I also convinced a friend to join it too. This little contest is fun :smiley:

Congrats to all of you! Congrats…Big Country, Mike serafin, Choto & Petl

Also, a BIG thank you to Jon for bringing back the 1HDC. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I loved having this back! It was nice to throw down a sketch and to see what everyone else entered. Thanks Jon!