Portfolio updated, Feedback

Hi guys,

I am working on my portfolio, which I will be using to apply for a MA Industrial Design course.
I would like to put the focus on the 2 school projects as there has been more process with those projects.

I would like to ask if you can give me some feedback on my portfolio as it is now. Is the progress clearly visible? How about the quality of the work? Is the text too much?

The link to my portfolio: http://www.mixeldesign.com/portfolio_mb.pdf

Thanks in advance.
Michel

Hey mixel,

I think this is hard to critique without all of the projects but here are some quick things I noticed. You have an excessive amount of text on every page, and it has mistakes. You need to read through and revise your copy.

You have different colors for different projects, but you reuse some colors. Are the colors supposed to group the projects somehow?

I am also wondering why your portfolio cant be longer then 20 pages. Its true that it shouldn’t be very long, but you should use as many pages as it takes to tell the story.

Okay, those are the things I immediately noticed. Hope it’s helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback Holixx.
I was already wondering if I had too much text in there, so I will shorten it and check it for mistakes.
I used the colours to show when a new project starts. I only used 3 colours so after a while it will be repeated. I might consider making the colours less visible or stick to one.
My portfolio cannot be longer than 20 pages due to the restrictions from the university where I am applying to.

Edit:
I updated my portfolio again. I decided to remove 1 school project and give the other projects some more space. Each project has its own colour, which also was helpful for the table of contents.
I still need to work on the texts, most of them are just fake text.

I finished my portfolio and it is online now. I updated my first post of this thread.

I would like to ask if you can give me some feedback. Is the progress clearly visible? How about the quality of the work? Is the text too much?

Thanks in advance.
Michel