Doodling

Totally! Ahhh 2006, to be young again. It’s also a sign that I should get more creative with my passwords.

Here’s another iPad sketch. I can’t seem to put this thing down.

This is the first time I’ve actually used any of the specialized brushes for texturing. I’m really digging it.

Shoes seem to be a great place to play around with this. I’m beginning to appreciate the nuances of patterns and textures within shoes.

Back to the good ol’ pen and paper.

I did a quick shoe sketch, but did not feel like colouring it.
shoe_SBP7.jpg

Bike light in SBP on iPad.

In SBP, does anyone know what the pull-up tab bottom centre does? It launches a cross-hatched circle?

Hi guys, here is another demo sketch.

Nice. I love a good marker sketch.

Sometimes I like to go back to basics and just observe simple shapes and sketch them.
For this, I was looking at radiused corners on objects, and how to represent the fillets with linework.

Nice bike light sketch Sam. I missed that earlier somehow.

Nice stuffy Rei. I do the same thing, often without thinking while in long conference calls or meetings. My peers across functions have come to realize I’m listening most when I’m idly doodling :wink:

Nice as always all! Rsuzuki, I also love playing with the basic shapes. You may have seen it already but if not, you might be into Yo Kobayashi’s beautiful form studies (COLLECTION OF FORMS by YO KOBAYASHI at Coroflot.com).

Trying to get into trains!

Yes, Kobayashi’s form exercises are sweet. :slight_smile:
I’ve always been interested in train design. I think it was Mitooka Eiji (check out his work), who said how designing the interiors of train is fascinating as it involves creating an entire enclosed environment—on wheels. They have more in common with architectural interiors than automotive interiors. You have to account for personal space, comfort, bathrooms, luggage space, etc. On top of that, usually trains can afford more room than aircraft interiors.

I love looking at mechanical connections and recently I went to an airfield to look at helicopters and other rotorcrafts. Looking at them up close is adrenaline pumping.

Baaaaahhhh!!! I mean that in a good way. Those kinds of sketches make me drool.

Thanks Jon! I remember briefly talking to you at the IDSA conference (don’t remember if it was Seattle or Boston…), you did a talk on ADHD designers and Calvin and Hobbes—awesome. :slight_smile:

Ahhh, cool…digging in my memory banks…you should send me a PM to refresh my memory on our discussion.

It was Seattle…I haven’t presented at the National Conference…yet :slight_smile:

Thanks! Some of his interiors are wild!

Got inspired by the doodles of rsuzuki :slight_smile: My cylinder didn’t go that well.

Some sketches from a sketching refresher course I took at Art Center.

Some robot doodles inspired by the ones in Learning Curves

Going to do some touch up of this mecha hound from the new Metal Gear game

A spaceship doodle- ballpoint and markers