Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

First day of work tomorrow. Calm before the storm.

Are you starting at NB?

Hey everyone,
Some quick sketches messing about with Sketchbook Pro and the idea of integrated support webs with the sole units…

Hey Yo, yeah me and matt dealmeida started today.

Congrats. Always hold onto your first sketchbook from a job. Often some of the best ideas will grow out of there, before your mind gets too hampered with how things ‘should be done’

Say hit to Marya and JF for me.

Definitely will! Met too many people yesterday but im sure they were amoungst the names I was introduced to.

Some sketch iterations focusing on straps. Scanned and coloured with SBP.

Nice stuff whereismymatt, I’m liking what’s going on in the second one down on the left.

Some leather shoes on the way to develop, on one of our best selling mould.

Casuals.
bata casual slip on-small.jpg
bata casual strap-small.jpg

applied advice recieved from choto to a design i posted in “guidance/advice needed”

@joy4uall: Nice Casuals…

Thanks choto, love your stuff.

Messing around with the DNA sequence and applying it to some running silhouettes (sketch/SBP)…

Matt:
“Messing around with the DNA sequence and applying it to some running silhouettes (sketch/SBP)…”

Some time ago I tried something similar, and precisely with hexagons. I gave poor results, because they were my first designs, but it is interesting. You have a cartoon-style, to design. Maybe you could do new things for young and children’s footwear. Also try to make fluid lines, so that you achieve versatility.

joy4uall :

Very clean renders, very nice.

prestiege_86 :

You can start taking the short way. The proportion of the design is the most important, slightly unbalanced. If you join from that point, all designs will look great. You can also start practicing with volumes, draw geometric shapes, spheres, pyramids, etc… Shade, apply light and shadow, backlight, to give personality to your forms.

Thanks, victordcantu and ADD for liking my renders. I also should say thanks to Choto since in one of his posts he helped me with some suggestions and good links which helped me to learn digital rendering. Now in my current job I am able to do this professionally. I will be glad if you find some time to look at my reenders in http://www.coroflot.com/Jyotishman/Recent-Works

Joy4uall:

I’ve seen your designs on Coroflot page. I would not have much to say, because they are very good. Just one thing, beware of the black, not always used the black to give depth, volume or just shadows. Sometimes you can provide depth in an area, simply by reducing the saturation of the color and amount of light, with no need to splice a dab of black above the surface. It is good to use touches of black when the design environment is very dark. But the backgrounds of your designs are white. If you want to do even more artistic renderings, you can try that, but if you already work professionally and you get good results, your work is excellent.

Greetings.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks for the comments Victor.

Quick skate shoe sketch, apologies for quality (both of image and execution!)

Adidas D. Rose sketch

first post! woo