Is my Portfolio Internship worthy?

Hey Skoshbox

Definitely a nice improvement over the original for sure! Feels a lot more professional and mature. Really nice process and photography as well.

The reverse engineering of the RC car housing is awesome. If it’s not that much work to make it all a solid body I think it could be a great project to 3d print through Shapeways or some other 3D printing outfit and mount it back on the chassis to reinforce the fact that it was built to scale, and screw bosses line up , etc. Looks like most of your mockups are hand built right now so it could be a great way to show that you have started exploring CAD>CAM process

I like the thinking for the SimSa project (branding is cool as well). The process, mock ups are really great the weak spot right now is the sketch pages. I think you need to add the next level up of sketching, basically the sort of sketch fidelity that would be used in a client presentation, right now your sketching level only goes up to where I think would be acceptable for internal review (which is great to show but most internships will want you to demonstrate the next level of fidelity)

Doesn’t have to be a crazy photo real render but you definitely must have solid construction (most of your ellipses are skewed right now, do some underlays if you need to), tighter marker render or some light photoshopping. Here are a couple examples, notice they are not that much tighter or rendered than what you have, but the perspective is locked in and the rendering is still loose yet descriptive.

Mike DiTullo’s sketch:

Spencer Nugent’s sketch:

Good luck with the search!