Eddie Licitra - Web Portfolio

Hey guys,

Just looking for some feedback on a revamp of my web portfolio. I’ll be graduating in May from Georgia Tech’s industrial design program, and would ideally like to do product dev at a consulting firm or small corporation.

http://eddielicitra.com

All comments are appreciated.

Cheers,
Eddie

Hi Eddie!

First of all, beautiful site!!! Really nice.
I just took a quick look through flux, quality prototype! Solid modelling skills you got there. I would like to see some more sketches with the project, loose ones from the beginning showing initial ideas and show us how you solved some problems along the way. If you can pull your viewers into the project with a story and how you think and solve the issues that arise they will care that much more about it.

Another critique I have of it would be to lengthen the time of the slideshow down at the bottom- I was trying to read why it was good for each different kind of rider and it kept on switching on me before I could get any info out of it- so maybe make it a bit longer so people can get what you’re trying to say with that slideshow.

But really loving the design, cool stuff!

Quick note. the spinning gear makes it look like something is in the process of loading. It’s cute, but I honestly was waiting a while to see when things would eventually load before finally clicking on work.

As skosh said beautiful site, really clean and well represented

I would like a few more sketches to and as far as navigation it would be nice to have a homepage link on each page so I do not have to keep hitting the back button on my browser. Overall really good work. Also I would like to speak with you if you have any time ( I can send a pm) about your IDSA work, really impressed with that section this is something we are struggling with at my school and this is very inspirational stuff.

Great site Eddie, love the bike model looks great. Just from a site point of view my adblock seems to block the images on work.eddielicitra.com for some reason.

Hey Eddie,

Nice site, surprised this isn’t getting more love. I think the work is really strong and well presented.

I definitely second what people are saying about the spinning thing, I immediately associated it with loading and sat there for longer than I needed. I don’t know if the splash screen is even necessary, to me seems like an unnecessary hurdle before seeing your work. Also what I click on the project link a little spinning guy comes up in the corner of the image I just clicked, but it only goes to the page once I click it a second time. I’m using Firefox on Windows 7 if that helps trouble shoot it.

The Techtonic chair is really cool, in your sketches it looks like your wanted it to be able to articulate with the body, did the final version articulate at all? If so might be nice to add a picture of a person sitting in it and show the slight shifts under body weight.

Also I’m getting an error when I try to open the IDSA branding project, looks like this:

Just in case this bites anyone else in the future and reads this, the popular Adblock Plus extension auto filters images based on their urls via this list that’s enabled by default: https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist.txt

Turns out, Eddie’s 300x250 pixel thumbnails happen to be the same dimensions as a widely used ad unit size and Cargo is putting those dimensions in the url.

To avoid this bug, stay away from these thumbnail sizes: 120x60, 120x600, 160x600, 300x250, 468x60, 480x60, and 728x90

I had to laugh when I read the ‘loading’ gear comments, it’s so obvious yet something I hadn’t considered before—so thank you. I’ve gone through and revised the spin duration to be more subtle, along with some little tweaks based on your feedback. I’ve also fixed the gray box issue some folks were having, turned out to be due to ad-blocker software for some reason.

@Choto
Great point on the chair. I’m imagining a nice little animation of the chair showing the panels flexing. I’ll reshoot some pictures in the next week or so. Sorry about the issue with the IDSA page, maybe try a refresh?

@Dov144
Send me a PM or an e-mail(address is on my homepage) whenever you get a chance. I’d love to help out where I can.

I’ll be doing some changes within the next week or two and post them up. Thanks again for the comments, keep 'em coming.

Went ahead and modified the opening animation of the hex nut to be less confusing, it now spins upon opening. Hopefully this gets ride of any confusion problems?

http://eddielicitra.com

Also re-did my About page to be a bit more personal and less sterile. I’m shooting to be slightly casual, without too informal. Any thoughts or reflections?

http://work.eddielicitra.com/About

Hey guys, it’s been a little while since I’ve updated this. I went ahead and added a new major project, and figured I’d give this thread one last bump with project pictures and a link.

The project added is a redesign of a portable tailgating grill. I’d love some feedback on how well the project reads, the strength of skill and thinking shown, and the quality of visualization. Some pulled images and the project link below:

http://work.eddielicitra.com/Traverse-Tailgating-Grill