ID Portfolio Feedback

I’ll just kind of mention things as I think of them:

Solid model making skills. This is very evident in your portfolio! And definitely the key strength that is exhibited in what you’re showing here. All the projects are very nicely crafted and you definitely have skills.

So the next step, show me some more process work- I want to see what problems you encountered during the design process and how you solved them using sketching and other techniques. Give us some more process work.

The children’s toy- maybe make it more clear what it’s purpose is, I skimmed through it and couldn’t figure out the usefulness of it or how it will get kids to play more. It looks like a form study to me.

For the intro to the basketball shoe the blurry image is distracting, maybe find another way to show motion or just show a nice crisp image of a shoe
I like the sketching and photoshop renders but the final image is lacking- on the final design page the reflection fades out nicely but in the magazine print ad it’s just as strong as the actual shoe, making me think there’s actually two shoes, not a shoe and a reflection

Liking the Photoshop renders.

Give the sketching page some ooomph! It’s boring because none of the sketches have value, and they’re all a uniform size. Give the page a visual hierarchy- so one sketch should be the first thing that catches my eye (Whether it’s by size or by use of colour or value), then your second most important, and lead the viewers eye around the page. Add some spice. Same goes to the work in progress page.

Good luck!