Show your designs!

Thanks Lmo

Here are a few more details.
Also my floor is epoxy on concrete. Like polished concrete with out the final cut back.

Thanks again. I’ve just finished a dining table I’ll put it up when I get some good shots

theha your dovetails are superb. Excellent work.

The finger pull is walnut? If so, splendid job on the thin wall cylinder.

Any particular reason the sides are not on top of the bottom? It seems the load transfer would not be ideal the way you have it. On the other hand, it makes the design more intriguing as shown by my question.

And for a mundane question, what did you use for runners on the door slides?

Thanks iab for the interest.
Finger pull is walnut lathed and drilled out. I really wanted to place them in from the rear of the sliding door so give a inlay appearance but decided on this way in the end.

The sides being the way they are is fairly standard practice for me anyway.

the slides are in coloured flexible poly tracks and the actual runners are adjustable inserts. Makes a very smooth free moving door.

Smoking hot details. Love the walnut drawer pulls.

Love this detail on the dove tails. Really beautifully crafted!
Screen Shot 2012-11-17 at 11.04.45 AM.png

Recent coffee table I designed:
Walnut / Clear glass

Maple / Smoked glass

The bolt in the center holds the piece together, and steel dowels act as spacers.

I designed it to be as minimal in parts and waste as possible. And it’s totally collapsible, even if you live in a small apartment like me. :smiley:

I still haven’t really figured out how to strengthen the joinery yet. I’ve only tested it to about 170lbs, and generally furniture of this type should hold 200lbs easily. I think a simple powder coated sheet metal bracket could complement the design, but I’m still working out the best way to strengthen it, without making the simple functional design more complicated.

very nice!

@rsusuki, it is a beautiful & mature design.

Since the design looks So complete. It’s difficult to add or modify something to attend the joinery requirement.
I will settle for 170lbs…if it is OK.

Some options…

1. Add a metal sheet as a stopper.
  2. Go for the square hole (or non circular shape) and sq. rods attaching them.

Here are few quick googles…
Square Hole Broach
Mortise Chisle
table1.jpg
3677366328_a83213f356.jpg

Try tighter tolerance in the joint, should help some. Should be a pretty firm press fit, it looks like I can see a gap in your photo.

This is a bench I have completed for my front entrance. Plywood,Walnut veneer, Black Leatherette

Here is a three week project I just finished.

Made a bed frame. We are upgrading to king.

(I am embarrassed to follow that chair. It’s awesome.)

One more pic

Nice stuff guys!

Chair I just finished up for a project

I’m definitely not much of a furniture designer (even though I do love it), but during my A levels I designed and built this pool table in around 6 weeks using the school workshop whilst studying. I was 17-18 at the time and unfortunately these are the only decent photos I’ve got, it now sits under a tarp in the back of my garage :neutral_face: . Its solid English oak and chromed steel.

Apologies if these are posted too large or anything, tis only my first post here :slight_smile: .
Theres a few more pictures of it and stuff Pool & Dining Table by Luke Anthony Firth at Coroflot.com

Very nice!

Love all of the great furniture on here. This is a stool I created a while ago out of palate wood and inner tubes.
I made dozens of the small cuts in the wood, this allowed it is able to bend and rest on itself and was surprisingly strong (not invincible) bending in one direction but very easy to snap in the other. Because of this you could lie it down flat or slouch it over and use it as a stool or coffee table.

Although yes it broke in the end I think with a bit of experimenting with better woods and not knotted palate wood I could get it to be much stronger.

Few more pics http://hamishdudley.com/gallery/palletable-curve

Thanks for sharing all of your work guys, it’s very inspiring.

I’ve never shared any of my work before, but I figured that this would be as good a place as any. This is a sort of “modular credenza” that I designed and built. It’s made of 3/4" ApplePly veneered in Cherry. Sorry for the fuzziness of the photo that displays the interior, it’s the best I have.

Let me know what you think!

has a nice mid-century vibe to it. Nice work.