seeking Portfolio and website critique

Dear core77 staff and viewer I would like to get some comments about my portfolio and website
after studying 7 years product design in Europe I am still unable to find a position in product design field and its quite obvious by looking at these selection of works.
my works are more related to toy industry but after one year of unsuccessful interviews with leading companies like LEGO (although I’ve been selected for the last best five interviewee) and some small British companies I am still not certain where could i feet. and if i should continue

any recommendation would be appreciated

Hi Mani,

Welcome to the boards! I think this portfolio needs a bit of work in showing what your point of view and who you are as a person and a designer. Your portfolio should tell a story while of course showcasing you work. At the moment it show the viewer a lot of renderings with no meaning behind them. I would like you to ask yourself what kind of job do you see yourself in? Then what story do you need to tell to get that job? If it is a toy job you should be showing character development skills both in sketch format and renderings, along with and understanding of toy trends, manufacturing and processes.

I would also drop the automotive work. It is really weak and is not doing you any good. Automotive is a subject that you either do well or you don’t. It looks bad if you don’t know what you are doing and brings all of your work down.

Hope this helps.

J

Thank you very much for the critique I will try to implement the necessary changes