It's the 21st and the Apocalypse is here...

Damn this end of the world. I was sort of hoping for “The Road” or similar. Not much has happened yet, seems like a normal day. I did see a cat and a dog together earlier.

Color me embarassed.

I haven’t made a house or credit card payment in 2 years. I don’t think that will work well for me.

On the other hand …

My own personal apocalypse!

Sweet!

I win.

Its not the 21st in Central America yet… it is the Mayan calendar after all :stuck_out_tongue:

My dentist was talking about the end of the world when I went in for a cleaning the other day. I’m stuck there in the chair, I just have to listen. Finally on a break from scraping, I told her to give me al of her money. She looked at me with a “WTF” face. I replied, well if it really is the end of the world, you won’t be needing it. So i thought she could give me all of her assets if she really thought it was going to be the end of the world… she still charged me for the cleaning. Turns out she didn’t believe THAT much… it can’t kind of be the end of the world.

That sort of Western Hemispheric attitude is what got us into this mess.

On another note, I view these photos with mixed feelings. It’s easy to make fun of the nutbags, but there is also something quite stirring about people with the passion to sink your life savings into a dream:

I meant to poke fun at the “Western Hemispheric attitude” a bit, but I’m not sure what you mean when you say it got us into this mess. Elaborate a bit?

EDIT: Also, I meant Central America as in between North and South America (where the Mayans lived), not central US of America. Realized that may not have been clear.

I’m joking too, though your edit about Central America is pretty funny.

Central Time Zone in America checking in. Still here.

Damn, that means I have to go out and buy a new Mayan calendar…

Does anyone know where they sell a Dilbert - Mayan edition?

Told my wife “damn it now I have to go Christmas shopping”. She didn’t think that was funny.

J