Women in Industrial Design

Thank you! I’m actually in undergrad, but I talk to our grad students daily. As for diversity of students, my university (Auburn) is a state school with a rather decent engineering college, so many non-engineering majors have former engineering students in them.
Myself, however, I am a 20-something married adult who went back to school after working in the “real world” for several years. I’ve had several people confuse me with being a graduate student :wink:

I enjoy feminist studies and writing, and when I saw this topic, I knew it would be fascinating to hear other people’s thoughts on the subject. Honestly, thank you for posting it!

Yo – Thank you so much for linking to Kimberly Wu’s work! Honestly, I am not interested in cars really at all (which is crazy for this field), but those are just lovely. Nancy Wu and Amy Arandia’s as well, thank you, I am adding these to my bookmarks of designers :slight_smile:

While it would be nice to speak only to good work in all fields, unintentional/institutionalized discrimination is kind of norm.
Years of telling children that it’s good to be “colorblind” has had more ill effects than good. I would gander that the same applies to gender, as well. Some degree of discussion about gender and race and class are necessary, if we want to be inclusive and sensitive to the wider world around us.