PhD in design/industrial design

I already have a BS in Industrial Design and am one class short of my Masters in Industrial Design AND I’ve been working as an Industrial Designer for 25 years so I obviously don’t need a PhD to get a job. I have a deep interest in both design practice and philosophy so that’s why I would want a PhD in industrial design. I would like to research a specific topic in Industrial Design, write a paper with a hypothesis, and defend this hypothesis in a Doctoral Thesis presentation. This published work would theoretically advance the field of industrial design research.

My question wasn’t about the merits of a PhD in Design. My question was: Does anyone have a list of all the US colleges/universities that offer a PhD in design/industrial design? I’m piecing together a list and have discovered only four or five schools offer PhD’s in Design or a related industrial design field.

So, once again: Does anyone have a list of all the US colleges/universities that offer PhD’s in design/industrial design? I would think IDSA would have a list of all the accredited industrial design schools/programs that offer a BA/BS/MFA/MR/MS/and PhD’s, etc. in Industrial Design. Surely, someone must know if one exists?