BMW 4 Series.... BMW is back!

If Richard can’t be bothered, I can.

German Rationalism as done by an Italian (Bruno Sacco):

I’d say the single most influential limousine design of the last 30 years. Every limo that Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln,
and many other brands did since that was a remodel of the W 124s lineage and architecture.
Audi is most heavyly borrowing from the Sacco phase Benzes, but they play that card well.

German Rationalism as done by the French (Paul Bracq):

And the most succesful of them all, again Italian (Giugiaro):

Of course all those designs also transport emotion. But the lineage is always toned down
and logical. There are almost no adornments. Only the radiators on the BMW and Merc.

The generation of designers who did that was heavily influenced by Bauhaus, Ulm and BRAUN.
Sadly they were replaced with an international bunch of stylists, who do not have a connection
to at least a European ethos and approach to design. As some of you might recognize I am
very critical of that as it in long term blurres brand values and at least in my recognition also
harms stock value. Handelsblatt even did a piece on Mercedes Benz design being in the
doldrums.

A most bizzarre puzzle of elements, that have no connection with each other whatsoever. The exterior
and interior are not even on the same planet.

Sorry I have to end this rant. It is utter useless, also

mo-i

P.S.: I have less of a problem with the i3 and i8 as they are first creations for a highly radical subbrand
of carbon fibre made electric cars. That has to show somehow in the design as well. Wonder how they
will be branded BMW i-series or I-cars by BMW ?