Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

Love seeing cool cars parked where you don’t expect them (shopping mall parking garage in this case).
r8 (Medium) (Small).JPG

nice. Felt the same when I saw that Ferrari GTS in the airport parking lot. I just couldn’t help wondering what a nice girl was doing in a place like that? :wink:

The r8 is one fine grocery getter…

some beautiful American steel

More beauties from the workplace garage.
Presenting: Sad Face Vantage.

Is someone having an issue keeping their engine warm? Or did they swap the engine for a CAT diesel?

Naa. Streamlining exercise.

They running the Daytona 500 or something?

Is that a ticket on the hood of that Aston? Should be cited for improper care of a Vantage

A pair of Lancia Scorpions… didn’t even know these were ever imported to the US, and this guy has 2!
photo 3.JPG

Not exactly a daily driver, but stumbled across this old guy this morning

Here’s an Enzo I just bought on Gran Turismo 5 for a million credits. (I need to get out more.)

I always enjoy spotting a stock Model T or Model A.

Slippy: congrats on the sweet ride;)

Took a trip to the local ‘you-pull-the-parts’ scrapyard and have some pics to share! It always makes for a fun afternoon, and I already have a stash of Cadillac, Benz, and other badges.

MG folding in half on itself

'59 Volvo coupe

Absolutely majestic grill on this 70’s Ford

Transitioning toward mediocrity

Cool clock… I’ve repurposed a handful of clocks like this with old phone chargers

Ornate hood ornaments (Pontiac I believe)

Coachwork signature door sills on an old Pontiac wagon

Dash and wheel from the Pontiac above

I was digging the shape, details, and old-school logo on this Honda hubcap

Triumph Spitfire

Seeing how these cars deteriorate and which parts are sought after even in death is a very cool experience. Also, sitting in cars that have been in horrific accidents is oddly exciting. You can see how the elements wear on every material in the car… the crackling leather, rotted out floor panels, sun-damaged dashboards, all arrays of botched paint jobs, over-worn parts from specific repeated use… It also feels like a shame we’re concerned with pedestrian safety over excellent hood ornaments, and angular metal grills.

One more post, because I was blown away by this 64-66 Thunderbird.

Profile: The lines look like they influenced the new Mustang around the rear haunches, but are still very traditional with the parallel lines and long slim look

Front 3/4: Grill has almost an Aston shape, wrapping under the double headlights. I like the recess in the headlights, and it reminds me of the front of those old Datsun 280z/x

Interior/Dash: The best part. Gauge clusters are separate modules, and the speedometer is a horizontal array of physical numbers. The steering wheel has some crazy depth that was hard to capture in the photo, and the whole interior was clearly designed without regard to the possibility of a crash. Also, the hidden and very central (armrest) smoking station was a nice touch.

The back seat had very cool wraparound upholstery (not my image) and looked downright spacious compared to the second row of most modern 2-doors

Love that Honda Hub Cap!

Those T-birds are awesome. I looked at buying one a while ago.

Not 100% sure if it is that model year version or not (think so from the pic), but the steering wheel actually swivels out of the way to help get into the car. Neat feature!

R

I need to get out more also, I bought the Miura. I have hundreds of cars if you need anything PSN: Bigbrohoss (inside joke name ha)

The Bertone concept? That car is really quick, and tough to beat. I think you owe the forum a picture!

I forgot how much fun photo mode is.

Wow, pretty amazing.