NEW KICKS :: latest purchase

crit: Nice!

Had to post my new pumas when i saw that CW.
Snagged em when they had a sale in the puma store. Hard to get those here in sweden for some reason, so I got two.
Love my H-streets.

Picked up the last pair of original (Turkish handmade) HELM Ray Rays in black leather. They now make everything in the USA, so these will probably come back in the next couple of seasons in a similar form.

Usually about $450, they were on sale down to $200 since they have been on the shelf since forever, and then they had a one-day 50% off sale… putting them at $100. Had to.

My first “real” black pair of shoes/boots.

Those are nice!

R

Taylor, do you have a barn full of boots? :slight_smile:

No EVA or mesh shall pass over Taylor’s door step. :smiley:

Hahah! I suppose I’ve got a stockpile of boots. Just realized that I never posted up my Lucchese cowboy boots on here either… I do live in Texas after all.

But yeah, 99% boots. Some people tell me “man I wish I could pull those off”, and they’re rocking some killer Converse or some Adidas that I (visually) am really drawn to and appreciate. I can identify with the feeling exactly. I feel like I look like a complete idiot wearing sneakers or casual sneakers. I even bought a pair a while back, because they looked so damn nice on the shelf. They’re still in my closet, 3 years later. I’m not a hater, they just hate me.

Just bought a pair of Nike Flyknit Racers… soooo light…

Nice. I want those but they seem to be outta my size everywhere. Nice execution. I was actually working on a long term development idea pretty much the same a few years ago but it never happened. No $ millions in development and sourcing here…

R

Picked these up couple weeks back, enjoying them so far

Choto: I got a pair of those in red about a year ago. I absolutely love them. They feel good in the gym and I even ran a half marathon in them.

Picked up a pair of Roshes over Christmas and the Sambas came in the mail today. Just snagged some of the photos of my IG.

The Sambas are always a good choice.

I love boots as well. I have own quite a few pair of cowboy boots over the years. I gave a couple pair to my sister but still have two pair of Justin boots (seems fitting) and a pair of Durangos.

I can also relate to the sneakers comment. I own one pair of Nike Frees that I have had now for a couple years. They don’t get much use.

In the spirit of the thread I got this pair of AEdmonds for Christmas

I hace decided that i want to expand my shoe option past one pair… thoughts… i like the orange soles. Ill add the pick laterales.

Don’t drink and post folks! :wink:

Just kidding, Chevis, looks like you may have been posting from a smart phone? Are you looking for footwear recommendations?

Well Yo to be honest you are right on both counts… It was date night and i some how ended up at a shoe store… But i saw these and kinda liked them and thought i would post here to get thoughts… but i had a hard time with the android.

So here is the pick, as i am just venturing into the shoe accessory world i want get some thoughts. these are by no means high end… 120 on sale for 89 but they were comfortable and i like the orange soles. And not to be cliche but the other week i saw a great tie that would compliment the orange.

So any other thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Looking good Chevis!

I’m really stoked with my new kicks! I found them as a great deal over the weekend in Hong Kong. Had to lose the wings though, they were too much even for me.

not a bad look. Most of the really nice shoes from allen edmunds or even cole haan can be replicated at the low 100’s, or below 100’s on sale like you have found. they wont last 15 years with care and sole replacement etc like the expensive ones, but if you are like me i dont usually want my shoes to last that long, i get bored with some after a few years at most, haha. for the most part the shoes at the lower price will just use lower grade leather, cheaper lining material or if its under $100 regular price probably synthetic leather, and they sole is probably just cemented on instead of true welt construction. but its achieving the ‘look’ quite accurately. just try not to buy super cheap, haha, well known, fair priced brands are usually good employers to footwear designers vs cheap bargain brands :wink:

taht being said i do have some really nice traditionally made shoes, although i dont usually have to pay for them :stuck_out_tongue: