Why do you post on the C77 discussion boards?

I’m actually somewhat sad that my longest history (IIRC) on the forums has somehow been lost. I recall I posted my 3rd year design major project here in some form circa 1998/9 I’m guessing. I have no idea if I had a different username or login, or it was a different version of the forums. As far as I can see the core admin member only goes back to 2003…

Anyhow, I post for a variety of reasons, most pretty similar to Michael (Yo)-

1. Learning and teaching. They say that if you can teach it, your know it. By communicating and exploring explanation, critique and conversation, I learn more about what I know, what I don’t know and how to better express it.

2. Connection. I know work in my studio, alone. Having a living connection to other designers helps me stay grounded, aware and in the loop. I like to encourage debate, and have my own ideas challenged and challenge others.

3. I love design. I believe strongly in helping other designers be successful helps design as a profession and design in the world. If I can get one more person into design, or another designer in a place of responsibility, there will be better things in the world around all of us, for the greater good. God knows there is enough crap out there, let’s put more people in a place of getting rid of a little bit of it and replacing with good design. It’s also the reason I enjoy and practice teaching and lecturing.

R