Bicycle Seats Need Design Help.

Thanks mo-i. I’m on a mission to create the greatest shop there ever was or will be. :slight_smile:

To Slippyfish’s point I agree there are many factors involved for a proper bike fit and those will come into play, but if you pull out almost any bike in my store the saddle is complete shit. I don’t have a big butt yet the stock saddles for men do not support my pelvic bones, so the soft tissue gets crushed and I wind up with testicle pain. I have positioned and repositioned and adjusted myself into a corner of hopelessness. It’s not just me either. We sell a ton of aftermarket saddles (which only help a little), so I see it as a design flaw.

I’m just surprised at the lack of design variation or out of the box thinking. If you look at all my suppliers have to offer, its the same thing over and over again. The same basic materials are repeated along with the same shape and structures. Could a saddle and seatpost combination yield better results? My Aeron chair is comfortable enough to sit in all day, can that be translated into a bike seat? My dream saddle would conform like a Brooks, but be as light as a racing saddle with adjustable width for my pelvis. It would also be nice if it didn’t cost a fortune, so more cyclists could benefit.

Seeing as how our cell phones can do everything short of predicting the future, why is bicycle saddle technology so stuck in the past?