Mechanical Engineers Invading ID

No, but it sounds like you have a lot more questions to ask yourself about what you really want to do, if you’re still in school then you’ve got plenty of time.

I read your post to contain a dose of sarcasm, so I’ll bite. The dude I was referencing had told me exactly what you just said in a context with which to bash my own chosen path, as an insult if you will, to diminish the fact that I took a more design focused path, which he felt was superfluous and less valuable to our organization. If you want to be a jack-of-all-trades and you have the competency to back that up, then go for it, doubly so if you lack common professional social skills required to work well with others as part of a team of diverse disciplines, because you will find yourself working alone more often than not. What I’m getting at is you can take a more focused path and if you work well as part of a team where roles and responsibilities are well defined, you don’t have to be able to do it all, but you do have to trust those involved.