Looking for industrial designer co-founder to launch idea

Well put. If someone has more to bring to the table than “I have an idea, now you do the work”, it can be worth exploring, based on the weighing of many different factors. But I’d argue that no less than 9 out of 10 of these individuals will not succeed with their idea, for one of plenty of the reasons/obstacles that are against them. I say this, and I’m genuinely a positive person.

In this case…
Someone who has a “business background”, but is looking for free ID work, and funding via Kickstarter… it certainly has red flag written all over it. A business background would suggest they’re good with money, yet they have zero to spend. They specifically mention “I am not looking to hire and employee or freelancer”. If they can’t afford to spend a dime now (on arguably the most important process of their new venture), how will they turn a profit in the future? So far it appears like someone with no business background, or a bad one. “Me taking care about business side and him/her about product.”

With the weighing in of these different factors, this is an example of a bad idea for an Industrial Designer (especially an inexperienced one) to consider taking on.