Icon

Thanks Justin, a few selected refinement drawings:

Looks great Michael. Can’t wait to see some of your work on an actual Icon 4x4 in the flesh sometime in the future.

I had the opportunity to do some work with Icon as well… wish I could show some stuff, but can’t until the final product is released. Within the next 6 months I’d imagine.

Ah, nice, I think I know what it is :wink: Can’t wait!

Thanks for the props. It is fun working with Jonathan. There a couple of more things I worked on with him coming in the next year as well. He has been busy!

Hey Yo, small aside, whatever happened to that track car you did some sketches for? Fizzled out?

The guy kind of fell off the radar! Super bummed. Now I have all these thoughts on executing that thing and no outlet… Yet…

great stuff! I really like the mirrors on the dodge

Thanks. We hadn’t really done custom mirrors before this project. It is a nice opportunity to reflect the form work doing on in the bodywork. The next truck (different make and model) is in the build process now, and we did mirrors on that one as well. It is going to be pretty hot I think!

Even though the mirrors are old school and manual, this pic from the ME on the project gives you an idea of the complication to get the pivot resistance just right. The form break acts as a nice touchpoint when reaching out to adjust them.

MD

A M A Z I N G

This is how ID works! Try this at home kids!

mo-i

Yo, I saw this on the Coroflot front page, congrats!

Thanks fellas. Fun to share this stuff. I’m sorry I misuse the forum a bit. I don’t really show in progress work in search of feedback. This is all long completed after months of implementation work. I just get excited to share it. Thanks for humoring me :wink:

Great stuff Mike- Love to see the analog concept work

It’s nice to see…amount of detailing gone into this…good work, Yo.

I’m sorry I misuse the forum a bit.

Well… … if you keep it up, yer going to have to haul your butt down to the San Diego County Sheriff’s department and turn yourself in for having too much fun.

Thanks Mike. Analog sketching just seems to fit with the nature of these projects. I’ve gone back to analog for a lot of stuff. I just like the connection between the hand and the page. Not to mention the social nature of it. Our studio has a large conference table in the middle of it. Sitting there and sketching as a team for short bursts on projects is so helpful. Until we can get that entire thing to be a Microsoft Surface, paper seems to be working well :wink:

Thanks. These projects are all about the details. The difficult part is taking a vehicle you didn’t combine, designing every detail in a way that upholds what Icon is all about, and still having it read as a cohesive whole. I think Jonathan at Icon is all about enhancing the original vehicle, so even if the components are pretty over the top, they still blend in as a holistic thought when you zoom out. More vehicles are in the works!

I may not have a choice, you haven’t seen me drive… :wink:

Heads up to Michael unless you already knew, just saw this on “How it’s made”. Season 9 ep 12, it’s on Netflix. Some shots of the grille and gauges.

It is that time of year again. Another SEMA show and another Icon. This time a vintage Chevy Thriftmaster. Beautifully put together. I helped out on the hood badge, side badges, designed the gauges and gauge graphics as well as the IP deco plates that house the HVAC vents and cover all of the modern bits. Super fun project.

All the deets:

As usual, most of the awesomeness of this is in the fantastic build quality and overall vision of Icon. I just add a bit on some of the bits and pieces, and happy to have fun. :wink:

That IP deco plate - P I N N E R

How is the hood emblem manufactured and assembled to the hood? And did you have to consider that in the design?

And - are you trading in that German AWD travesty for one of these bad boys and one million macho points? :mrgreen:

Sick dude. Super sick.

Beautiful finishes. I’d love to see one in person just to drink in the quality!

Great stuff!

Ha, I wish. They are $250k… out of my league. The original has a horizontal “CHEVROLET” badge with f mount points on the hood. The new badge had to utilize those mount existing mont points which is why the horizontal bar is placed so carefully low in relationship to the central circular form containing the lizard. Lots of subtle iteration.

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

That Thrift master is one of my favs. I’d really like to build a couple, classic and a rat rod build. The ICON electric bikes are fetching as well. I just feel for the price point mechanical disc brakes are a poor choice.