I wanted to share with you my blog about industrial design

When this forum started it was largely the Wild West. It was fun, and funny, but there came a time when it went too far. C77 evolved and wanted a more professional discussion community, less concerned with a funny snark comment and more focussed on professional level global discussion. C77 hand selected high volume posters that people liked and trusted to be moderators with the mission to clean the forums up and make it a safer place for discussion. Over time, this all volunteer moderator team has recruited other frequent posters who seem to share an appreciation for the kind of discussions we wish to encourage, and the crew grew from a small handful to a larger team. Are we perfect? No one is are they? We make mistakes all the time. We do our best.

In this case, if original post was coming from a frequent poster who added to the community and wanted to let us know about his or her blog, I’d be all for it. For someone to join the community with the sole purpose of promoting their blog is not the kind of thing we want to encourage. You don’t have to agree with the position, but it stands. Perhaps I could have explained my comment further. I assumed it was obvious, which may have been a mistake.

Iab, Will, you have asserted your distaste for the moderating team before. You both are quick to criticize the mods but seem to be a little touché when those same mods let you know that you’ve crossed a line or explain themselves. I’m not asking you to like the way we moderate the boards. We do it in a way that we feel makes this the best free online design discussions. You are always free to start your own forums and run it totally differently. I don’t mean that smuggly. That is how ProdutDesignForums started, where I believe I first interacted with you Will.

Of course in written digital communication it can be difficult to decipher tone. Maybe your point of view comes from a genuine concern for our community, maybe you just have issues when it comes to structure. I don’t know you. If either of you would like to have a gentlemanly discussion about it, PM me and I’ll set up a conference call. Otherwise, your continuous complaining just tends to derail threads and we don’t want that. Looking forward to discussing over the phone.