I wanted to share with you my blog about industrial design

Defining it as ‘calling out’ sums things up. I’m not challenging you for the sake of it, I’m making a genuine observation. And why is it not a good idea? See what I mean… it’s a negative tone, a mild threat. What will happen? A forum ban… that is devastating. Surely as a moderator you could take on board and consider suggestions or observations rather than retaliate with a threat. I understand that you’re in a position of ‘power’ all be it digital but maybe there are better ways to use it. A design link on a design forum isn’t Spam. It doesn’t matter if it’s a link or embedded?.. it’s still design content. These are valid points, I’m not using it as an excuse for a debate.

In this case he posted a link to design blog which he created. And it was disregarded just because the content wasn’t embedded on the forum. He was knocked back with a couple of bully-like replies from the admin. What did anyone achieve from that? No admin took a look at the design. No admin followers took a look at the design because the admin (the ones they look up to) defined it as not the thing to do. And the start-up designer got a knock back that probably wasn’t necessary. If the approach was more subtle or friendly people might have learnt more.

I think the world is going a bit policy-regulation mad and missing the bigger picture. I’m not being funny for the sake of it… I’ve used a lot of forums and was a moderator of one so I know how they can work, how the vibe can be and how they appear to an outsider. I understand that you have your policies and it’s up to you how you run things, but I’m giving you an outsiders opinion, and maybe one that other members might have but you’d never hear it because they might not have the nerve to ‘call out’ moderators.

Anyway I’ve made my point… that’s all from me. I’ll let you have your rant back, but I’m not getting into a forum debate… reading them back makes me cringe.