I wanted to share with you my blog about industrial design

Ha… I was actually criticising the amin/moderators. I personally think it’s irrelevant whether it’s your first post or it’s a direction away to another site, or even if you’re young, as youth has a lot of unsuppressed creativity. But more important that the post is design based. I did take a look and found it to be relevant, so my opinion would be… keep it up.

Moaning that there is a diversion to another site is implying that you want the user to use your site. It’s like being critical of the poster by doing what the poster is doing. Some kind of paradoxical contradiction. Errrrrrr

The second one is… if experienced designers are so experienced then they should be experienced enough to encourage young designers, not put them off. This is a well established and quite tight knit online community, almost to the point of being a bit clicky and negative. I think maybe those who have been successful in the world of design are now slightly blinkered from how difficult it can be for a new or young designer. Young designers should be encouraged especially by those who are now very rarely feeling the struggle. I don’t think that there’s a necessity to just learn one way… from experienced designers. We can all learn from each other. I’d rather learn from pre-school kids in some cases.

But yeah if it’s just self marketing for the sake of self marketing, a follow me on facebook kind of thing then that’s not too good. But then we’re all self marketing even if we aren’t completely conscious of it.