Brand Spotting...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I wonder how many people are disappointed that the watch is smaller when they get it out of the water.

Both Art Directors and Creative Directors do nothing. They just take credit for the people who actually came up with the ideas and did the design.

R

Edison V.S Tesla beer, getting intelligent with packaging.

Okay, I’ll bite. Why is this “intelligent” packaging? Two products in one package?

Kellogg’s been doing it for a while now.

Another question to ask is, “Who filled these two bottles.” The Edison bottle is not full. Or, is it that the Tesla bottle overfilled… ?

I think he was making a joke because Tesla and Edison were smart therefore the packaging is smart;)

Wow, that is so cool :smiley:

Think this one is smart, to show how it will look when it is on:

I’ve never had to buy cat sand, but this made me stop.

Pretty cool. 6 legged cat though. :slight_smile:

J

6 legged cat though.

One more box and you’d have Octopu…y :wink:

Hahah! That made me laugh out loud.

J

Flipbook animation stickers on plastic tea bottles. Clever way to get people to ‘collect the set’:

Would you like orange or pear scented paper towels?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378569404.521573.jpg
J

Since there’s water splashing on both sets of fruits, does that mean those paper towels are as absorbent as oranges and pears? Because if they are…

Whomever designed that could not carry Kenya Hara’s jockstrap.

Modern Man hears this is a hot seller in Shanghai these days:

PackageID is happy to see Modern Man back.

Great topic.

It’s always good to look at Cereal boxes for packaging reference, but they just never appeal to me. I understand that on the lower shelves they want to attract the kids’ attention and trigger recognition of the brand, product, and mascot, but also on the higher shelves the packaging is always just so, generic. Except maybe the Dorset cereals:

I also liked this packaging in terms of style, it has that nano-technology feel to it.

And a Dutch vintage packaging:

A previous comment mentioned what Art Directors and Creative Directors do. I think their main purpose is to oversee the process and make sure that the intended vision is infused into the designs. But yeah, most of the time in my experience these people spend too much time walking around, socializing, drinking espressos, and other ways of looking important :slight_smile:

I was wondering what the difference is between an Art and a Creative Director, isn’t it exactly the same but maybe in slightly different contexts?

Some more memorable work from Naoto Fukasawa:
fukasawa juice skin.jpg
fukasawa3 tea bag.jpg
And for some reason this has remained one of my favorite bottle designs, for Ipsei by Barber & Osgerby. It is minimal without being boring, it is friendly yet cool. I just want it when I see it. Except the drink tastes like nothing.

These are nice too, by Ora Ito:
217_heineken2.jpg

@ralphzoontjens: Good picks! I didn’t know about that Ipsei bottle before, too bad the drink isn’t too great. :wink:

Have you seen this by L’oreal (360 Clean face scrub bottle)? The bottle is like a donut, and the silicone scrubber fits in. Pretty out there in a good way.

Ha yeah that’s a nice one too. I have the orange one on my shower shelf :slight_smile: maybe I’ll keep the packaging when it’s empty.