Do you believe in UFO?

I imagine the lack of response to this topic might be related to the professionalism of these boards. (The same reason that pilots and other people in positions of responsibility often tend to keep the strange things they see to themselves) So with my anonymity & the risk of providing a few giggles, I now share my thoughts and experience for your amusment.

I had always wanted to see a ufo since I was a kid and a couple of years ago, I was driving along a country road near my home when I noticed something strange hovering just above some trees in a field adjacent to the road I was travelling on. It was summer time & still daylight (about 8.30pm?) but the sun was just starting to go down. So i stopped the car and got out as soon as I saw somewhere to park. I crossed the road and stood there for perhaps a couple of minutes trying to make sense of what i was seeing. It was around 200m away from me and at a guess I’d say the object was around 8-10 feet at its widest point. It seemed to be shaped like an upside-down pyramid but with all corners and edges radiused to a very large degree. There was a light breeze but I noticed this thing didn’t seem to move even a little bit. The surface of the object appeared very dull and if pushed to describe its surface texture I would have to say it resembled smooth stone. All the while I was looking at it my mind kept saying ‘but where are the lights!?’ as this thing seemed to have none. It was then that I noticed the object was slowly moving in my direction and descending diagonally as if to hide behind the trees in front of me. That’s when I crapped myself , ran back to the car and wheel spun off like a big girl! ( A most unexpected reaction and needless to say when I got home I fely pretty disappointed with myself.)
Somewhat amusingly, I find it harder to imagine a universe where we might be alone (but seemingly being left alone - that I could understand) . As we can see from the vast array of life on our planet, awareness likes to take many forms. To think our present state of understanding is the furthest along in this vastness also seems unlikely to me. My guess is that there are all sorts of beings ‘out there’, and crucially much like ourselves - some of them will have our mutual best interests at heart , and some of them will place their own interests above those of others.