Feedback Please

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that the sketches don’t appear to tie in well with the final concepts but these are meant as a means of expression, to explore all options. When considering development for manufacture I simplified things a bit but also tried to keep some of the initial aspects of the sketches… such as the feel of nature in this case. I’m not really into curvy-wurvy design for the sake of design. I took a look at your site and products, I’m not saying it’s curvy-wurvy design for the sake of design, but I don’t think we’re on the same wavelength maybe when it comes to aesthetics (apart from the branding/graphics of your page).

The Pirelli USB is meant to be dead flat. Just a hint of tyre tread but simple.

Also I think you’re missing the point with the ‘mill cut’ power button. The mill cut feature is the point of the design! It’s theoretically representing a trail of the power button being lodged in the casing… as if it’s flying at speed into the casing. So therefore the cut would match the profile of the button. The mill cut is meant as a contrast to the rest of the casing… cutting through the curvature and vent holes. I just haven’t sketched this hence why I’m saying the sketches don’t represent the final concepts that well in some cases.