Designer/Engineer Hybrid Portfolio

Hey bulletproof and Nik,

Thanks for the replies! I’m working on coming up with a solution for the issue with the skills pages. I definitely see where you’re coming from, and I’ll hopefully come up with something that will properly communicate what I want it to. Do you think that issue is a dealbreaker? I was planning on starting to send it out this week.

I’m glad to hear you think its appropriate for a design engineer position! I would really like to get more involved in the concept stage than I was at my last design engineer internship, which is why I’ve been really working on my sketching and concept generation recently.

When I started working on the site, the final image for the front perf panel wasn’t up publicly so I wasn’t allowed to show it, but I just checked and it was up! I completed the project to show the final product. Unfortunately the device that uses the strap is still in development so I can’t post any further progress on it but I did add a bit more information.

I don’t have access to the original picture for the rear panel either, so I put some extra information there as well.

Table looking thing is gone! Thanks for letting me know and stopping me from showing it :slight_smile: I know I still have a lot to learn on this end.

Ball launcher project added. I didn’t have it up before because I was using the project to learn to sketch. I had done the entire design over a weekend and didn’t feel like I had enough concepts. Reading your comments though, I realize I put a lot more into the project to support the sketches and can still show the rest. I also put up a video I took while testing it, and I’ll try and grab a picture of it in use as well, I only have a screenshot I took for the report right now.
I had actually done a presentation of it earlier based on the portfolio handbook (Ball Launcher) but I couldn’t do the rest of the site like that without full control over the files, so I had to scale it back a bit for the website so the presentation style would be similar.

PEOSC section moved up, I’m glad you like it! It’s actually my most recent project, so it’s nice to hear that I’m improving.

Thanks again!

Mike