Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

I am new to the discussion board thing. I guess it helps to network a bit. I am gonna post an image of some dress shoes I rendered. These were quick pen sketches that I overlayed in illustrator and then into photoshop. Total time about an hour. Let me know what your thinking.

Cheers,
Cameron

Here are a few more. A basketball shoe, and a casual loafer type shoe.

Cameron5011

Nice job, you have good management of the volume of the shoes. And the important thing is that work is spontaneous, and can give a reference of the finished shoe. Carefull with shadows. Looks nice.

Greetings

Your sketches have good proportions, very nice. In the renders, could use a more pleasant in the sole.

Greetings.

Victordcantu- thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it and yea looking back on the renderings I think I could use a more interesting outsole.

Any other feedback would be awesome.

Thanks in advance
-Matt

Your sketches have personality, and you have a good idea of balance between curves and straight lines, but when rendered, the above is lost. Perhaps, it may be because of the excessive contrast and too much volume in the details. Try to smooth artistic representations of your product to highlight your ability to design. We can inspire in a car, or a machine, but in the end, we make shoes, and a slight trace of comfort (whether visual), always is good for a shoe.

Greetings.

Thanks for the feedback. The dark basketball shoes were a bit of a teaser so I made them pretty dark. They were quite old also. I have changed my style a bit. the top dress shoes are my most recent of the three.

Cheers.

Morning doodle,
#Sketchbook pro

sweet sketch plinus!

Been extremely long since I’ve last posted, but figured I would put up some random sketches…some proportions are off on a couple…

Sorry guys I had no time to scan this page… Not much thought here, just felt really guilty for not sketching over Thanksgiving break. Cheers

hi everyone, guess I have been away for a while.
Had my graduation few weeks back.

Now waiting for my visa for my first job. Until then am a consultant instructor at my school. Just sharing few tricks which I have up my sleeve. Did this during a demo for the foundation students as they wanted a demo on marker rendering.
45 minutes including sketch.

Sick work as usually Roshan! Where are you heading?

Hi Choto,

THanks for the appreciation. The admiration is mutual. I would be working at GRO Design,Eindhoven in Netherlands.

Hope you are doing good at your end.

Hot sketch Roshan!

GRO looks like a great place to be. I’m familiar with some of their work.

Thanks Mike.

Indeed GRO is great place. The strategy projects and product design projects undertaken here are definitely challenging. Brilliant team to work with too.

Footwear sketch demo during the last “Saturday Sketch Bug Session”.

Was communicating the importance of not being comfortable with a sketch while the work is being churned out. The sketch started off as with a different direction and demonstrated how analysing your sketch midway helps one to think and communicate.

Took approximately more than 30 mins.

The idea revolves around a construction where the upper wraps over the outsole and rubber members are adhered onto the upper on the outsole. The laces when pulled in would help for a better foot hug. Atleast that was the thought behind.

Cheers!

How is this? Wanted to try something different. What do you guys think?

Evan,
I think there are various neat elements in this shoe, but they dont all harmonize together. try picking one or 2 that you like the most and try to get the rest of the shoe to play of those. Right now looks more like you just kept adding individual design elements.

also, the toe depth looks a bit thin in my opinion, id like to see it get a few more mm in volume to balance the rear of the shoe.

Here’s a quick boot concept I did the other day. Let me know what you guys think. Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks again,
Matt