new and confused (footwear)

Hi Taylor, It used to be that the architects hired others to do performing arts, people with skills for that. Including other architects who specialize in that, in illustration.

The point is, if an architect, who dont dominates the art, and he wants to try to do it (for whatever reason, is commonly lack of money), is at liberty to try. And that does not mean that the architect does not respect others profession , we just have to strive to experience. If a human resources manager, sits a couple of weeks in front of a computer, trying to design anything, maybe he understand the profession of a designer, that is difficult, and only so values ​​the experience.

You’re right on this, Taylor, industrial design is to solve problems, and I have a huge respect for the designers. I was about to try to study industrial design, but I felt I did not have enough capacity and gennius to deal with complex structures and assembled, because at that time, my idea about this profession, and my perception of it, started to see diagrams, disassembly of cars, engines etc … Very complex things. That was my idea of ​​the profession. But, “Yo” was right in this, the current tools, allow us to experience things that a professional does. You can make a virtual surgery, a dressmaker could sew better than a surgeon, and that does not mean he have to grant a medical license. A surgeon can learn a minimal ability to another person, it is humility. The point, today anyone with certain skills can try a 3D software, and try to design a pen cap, also anyone can attempt to make a digital Picasso, with a few strokes in Photoshop.

In the end, I think, professionals have to look beyond what an amateur can do, try to be better. Experience and excellence will draw a clear line between an amateur and a professional.

I think the person who started this thread, did not intend to disturb the professionals, and perhaps can not pay and hire a designer, or even wants to be also a designer, he can be a singer, mechanical, and actor in his spare time. The thread started in the shoe department, and specified items of footwear. Because the shoe design is linked to fashion design, which involves artistic aspects where sometimes the inspiration and concepts are before the technique. I think the professionals, here, should be flattered, that fans come to be counseled. Best regards and my respect for all.