I need advice

I found this texture in google and immediately thought of the concept “Cold Blood”, but in version of the White Snake. Need only make the holes for the air inlet. I like how it looks, including the Nike logo with industrial safety reflective sheet.

Concept inspired Nike running shoes, for those who want to transform their bodies now, causing anxiety, and the dream of quantum jumps.

Are there spelling mistakes? My english is bad

When King used knight’s armor.

The Nike basketball shoes “King” Lebron James, are very broad and not very stylish, would look good with a little more foot anatomy.

I like the volume. I think you need to render less and sketch more.

Where is the fit adjustment?
How is the midsole/outsole/upper made?
What does the top view look like?
What does the bottom view look like?
Why do you keep miss using the Nike logo?

Thank you. I also like the shape of the shoe. I do not know details of the process for manufacturing a shoe like this, nike shox shoes are designed that way. I do not know those industrial secrets. I have ideas on how the shoe is assembled, the position of the midsole and outsole but I dont know the technical process to assemble the uppers to the soles, in this type of shoes.

I think it is possible to make it.

I want to make a portfolio of designs including some creative advertising, try to find an opportunity in Mexico to develop concepts into products today are sports shoes, casual shoes are maybe tomorrow, or maybe clothes. When I can find an opportunity to get involved in a company, I will begin to understand the technical aspects, and the rules of the game.

Meanwhile enjoy the design.

The Nike logo is the one that sells shoes, shoe had laces, in the original sketch, but these did not help the design. We must find a way to forget forever the laces. I’ll work on an invention related to that.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hello Victor

I can read passion here, one advice then, please do not wait to be fully integrated in a company in order to start with the tech aspect of the footwear. There are ways to improve your skills and knowledge before that.

1- read the forum such as running warehouse just to get an idea of what users are looking for or sometimes dislike.
2- visit the web site coroflot.com section footwear. Some designers had the brilliant idea to enclose the technical drawings of their shoes, extremely well detailed. In fact coroflot is one of the best footwear design resource to date as fore sole and upper .
3-type google patents and look for footwear brands, or whatever footwear related words and you will discover an incredible source of information that will boost for sure your control and creativity.

The goal consist to feed your passion, to improve your knowledge, to get you to the next level, the one that makes you attractive and why not a future colleague. Yo is right, sketch more, control more your silhouettes and concepts, pay attention to what makes a shoe performing. And please add light to your rendering as it is hard to distinguish where the shoe stops where the background starts…

Thats it

Good luck

Thanks for your comments, I had not thought to look for information in the registration of patents, this is a good tip. In Coroflot concepts are amazing, but I have not time to study the techniques. Maybe that stage has to be right now, alongside my foray into Rhinoceros, I want to learn 3D modeling software and then the Shoe Master software. Though perhaps my initiative remains in a hobby, and find other things to entertain me.

It is important that you say, find out what the athletes and consumers want in a shoe. I also want to focus on improving the shoes, even I have a request, which is still in process for the patent in Mexico, two more in development, but I have no money and no enough knowledge to make prototypes.

Thinking about the comfort of the shoe, I thought of a business concept, to develop products with a plus conditioning service shoes to make them more comfortable to wear them the first time. It is a very general idea, it only need the initiative to develop a business plan.

Thank you for your feedback. Greetings.

Some concepts to share.

“Put & Walk, Put & Play, Put & Run, and Suit Feet” concepts, have been represented in a minimalist shoe line, fine and serious style, inspired for sophisticated people, in a good economic status, also for people that don´t love the spectacular designs.
This concept “Put & …” is to identify a line of footwear that has been prepared to enjoy an instant comfort. Shoes ready to run, walk and play, ready, molded, marked, bended … a shoe ready to use and and feel it proper and molded. The aim is that consumers do not suffer blisters caused by using a new shoe.

Michael Jordan tribute shoes.

What do you want to do? Be a footwear designer or just make a lot of renderings?

If you want to be a footwear designer you need to show process, thinking about manufacturing, market analysis, etc. you may not have the knowledge of someone in the industry but showing only renderings is no excuse. So some research. Cut up shoes. Figure out the details and show your thinking process. A rendering does none of this and is pretty useless aside from showing you can make a nice rendering.

R

Hi thanks for the comments. I have no experience to describe a process technically. All I know is to tie my shoelaces. And a few ideas for shoes.
Far from what I can understand a company’s business, marketing and product development decisions. Trying to propose things, inexperienced, and trying to look like an expert, so if something useless for a shoe company. There are things that have not yet developed in the footwear industry. Find something interesting is a good satisfaction. Not everyone can live in a professional environment. The amateurs… are amateurs.

Taylor Welden asked me to show my designs. I just came to ask about things, and to share some concepts.

Greetings.

You were just given some fantastic advice from a successful professional shoe designer. My suggestion would be to take his advice if you are remotely interested in becoming footwear designer. Design is only about 10% (if that!) pretty pictures and hot renderings. The more you learn about what goes into shoes, the better your designs will get. You’ve got the renders down, now work on your technical knowledge. Imagine what you could become just by learning more…

Hi, thanks for the comments.
This is a job of the Jordan brand at Coroflot:

As our Senior Footwear Designer - Jordan, you’ll work under the direction of the Design Manager and Creative Director to create innovative designs for Nike’s Brand Jordan Footwear products and partner with the cross-functional Category team to create a line from concept to reality. You’ll develop seasonal creative strategies and clearly position Nike’s performance and design leadership in order to ensure that creative strategies and products inspire key consumers and lead our business forward. You’ll also communicate creative strategies, product concepts and consumer insights to internal and external audiences; finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements; and review all samples and clearly communicate changes required. This opportunity also involves serving as a consumer expert for our Category and Design teams and applying insights from a consumer perspective into all product designs and strategy creation. In addition, you’ll ensure product fit and performance criteria, manufacturability, cost/margins, merchandising, aesthetic finish and meeting of product creation timelines for key financial and statement models.

This is just a sample, now that designers must embrace everything.

In manufacturing industries to other products, there is the category of engineers responsible for the costs and budgets, a specific category.

That is not happening in the footwear industry. That goal is very Difficult for amateurs. It requires starting from below, from manufacturing workshops, dealing with those responsible for manufacturing the product, to watch Michael Jordan and explain why it was defective seam that favorite shoe.

Internships in companies are the ideal platform to engage with the reality of the industry. Those who do not have the possibility of that, we have to find another corner, perhaps some brand without identity, that requires innovation in image, another line away from the kidnappings of designs between brands.

Is a serious career, that must be respected.

But many companies are not taking it seriously. It is interesting how the designer has to adapt to that. There is little incentive to aesthetic concepts, and there are many things that can be proposed.

This is an example of unfair competition between companies, but as this there are hundreds. I dont know if this design is real, but it is an exemplification of the opportunities out there for creatives who have no experience in manufacturing.

Greetings.

Are you reading the advice people are giving you? You titled this thread “I need advice”, but you seem to not want to hear or take any of it. You keep saying your an amateur and you need to find another way in. These people posting are giving you that way in. I’d advise you to listen.

Look, your passion is good, but your stubbornness isn’t.

It’s great that you can make some many nice renders. But they don’t mean or show much and the more you continue to make only them, the less it will make you a shoe designer, not more. You proved you can render. Now take the next of many steps.

1. Read my blog www.firstpullover.com It will show you how shoes are made, the names of parts, materials, etc.

2. Read http://projectbluefoot.com/ and see other non-pro designers and how they do a project. See also http://www.kicksguide.com/admin/artist_series.asp Also search the footwear forum here on core77 forums as there has been some great student projects that show process and real footwear design problem solving.

3. Take an old pair of shoes and cut them up. Find out what’s inside.

4. Look at all the shoe design portfolios you can on coroflot. See the process, sketches, callouts, materials, etc.

5. Don’t do any more renderings. Do sketches, process, problem solving. Look at a type of footwear and design a solution to a particular problem. Create your own brand and do a study of who it’s for, what is the inspiration, etc. Don’t make any more Nike or Underarmor designs.

You have to start somewhere. Nobody would expect you to know everything about shoes not being in the industry. But you aren’t showing any chance of being a footwear designer if you are not even willing to learn things you don’t know.

R

Nurb, my first post was:
“I have no idea of ​​how the shoe design business, I would like to know how to submit designs, because I can not leave Mexico, Can you work as a freelancer? How do you sell the designs? How much do they cost? How is copyright protection?

I thank you in advance for your advice, and greetings from Mexico.”

Some months ago I asked to Dziner82:

“Well, assuming that I now present sketches, select a final design, prepare it for advertising, do different color proofing, transfer it to Photoshop, presented research, specifications and consumer research. What is the next step?”

No question was answered. Only advised me sketching. But I have hundreds of sketches, I can not afford the service scanner to upload. The question was, what to do with the proposals for different brands? Where present them? They have an office to receive them? Especially considering I do not live in USA.

The designs cost money? how much? From the beginning I understood what I have advised. I only presented here in the forum, the designs they asked me to show. I have not entered the stage of preparation and knowledge of the techniques. I have a creative stage I’m getting better, moving sketches and represent them with volume, color, and learned a lot about proportion, scale and aesthetics. What I can not learn by doing an actual prototype, I have to get experimenting with the volume on a monitor. These are the tools I have at hand. All tips and advices for techniques, and I understand,.

My idea at first was to develop ideas for brands, with sketches and renders, but no technical information. I have yet still almost 20 commercial proposals and advertising concepts that do not serve me in my hard drive, but my initial question was, how to make them reach companies? how much do they cost?

The advice given to me, I’ve seen.

Just earlier this year, I got the idea of making shoe concepts. But now that I have I do not know what to do with them

Companies constantly buy advertising and marketing management, external creatives, agencies, etc … shoe concepts.

Thanks for your time and advices.

That will be my next step. Thank you.

If this is the question, the answer is simple.

No company will buy your designs. It doesn’t work that way. Most actually have a policy of refusing unsolicited artwork sight unseen for legal reasons.

Your best course if you want to be a shoe designer is to follow the process mentioned, enter some competitions and hope to one day develop the skills you will need to get an internship or further education. If you can never leave mexico try looking for some local brands to start.

The Project Bluefoot has many stories of aspiring shoe designers working on their design skills, entering competitions and one day getting a shoe design job.

R

Thanks RKuchinsky.

There are no opportunities, it is a good idea to make a brand of shoes, I will focus on that, also on an idea for the contest. Thank you. regards